cistem aperio

Cistem aperio (SIS-tem uh-PE-ree-O); opens chests and boxes

A strong waft of coffee greeted his nostrils, and Steve Rogers wakes up with a jolt. Cassiopeia is sitting in front of him, worry etched on her features. On her sides sits two men, a ginger and a raven.

"Are you okay?" The woman asks in a concerned tone. Steve crunched his brows. Okay why?

"You suddenly fainted," The raven offered him an explanation. "When I came, she is on the floor, trying to wake you up." He juts his chin towards Cassiopeia.

"Did I...?" Steve asked, disbelieving as his eyes flitted between the three of them. "Really?"

"Yes, you did faint, and that's quite a shocker." The ginger adds, before he grins. "But I'm glad you're fine. It must be the smell of deliciousness overwhelming your senses."

Cassiopeia sighed. "Charlie."

Charlie winks at Steve as he stood up. "Well, I'm off to work. Tell Uncle Newt that Charlie said hiㅡNo, probably just tell him that I'll drop by his place tonight." He kissed Cassiopeia on the cheeks and nodded at the two men. "Make sure you're here in case he fainted again, Potter."

Steve thought he heard mock in that sentence, but it's gone as soon as it came as the ginger man offered him a grin, and soon he is already out of the door, trotting down the street.

"Are you sure you're okay?" The raven man asked, his tone concerned as he pushed the coffee mug to Steve's hand. "You nearly gave us a heart attack."

"Erm," Steve began, uncomfortable at the idea. "I'm okay." He replied as he stood up hastily. The black-haired man followed him suit, as if Steve could suddenly double over and faint, and this caused a faint blush of red to creep on Steve's cheeks.

"I'm okay." He said in a reassuring manner, raising both of his hands. He grabbed his paperbag and nodded hastily to the raven and Cassiopeia. "I'll best be going."

Once he is out of sight and out of hearing, Harry slumped on his seat, sighing loudly in relief as he looked at Cassiopeia, who pursed her lips. A small sound started on the back of his throat before it turned into a full-blown laughter, and soon Cassiopeia followed suit.

They're still laughing when the door jingles and Newt stepping in, raising his brows. "I could hear you laughing from blocks away." He stated before he nods in greeting at Harry. "I passed a blond man on my way in. Is that your source of laughter?"

"Yes, he was." Cassiopeia replied, rubbing her eyes. "He's the man I wanted to talk to you aboutㅡthat Captain America."

"Ah, the man who is immune to the obliviating charm?" Newt asked, his eyes twinkled in curiosity as he pulled a chair.

"I wouldn't say immune," Cassiopeia replied, somewhat dubiously as she got up to close the curtains and flip the 'OPEN' sign to its counterpart. "We... Ah, how do we do it, Harry?" The woman said as he sauntered to the kitchens and came back carrying a tray of tea.

"We... Kind of hit him with spells?" Harry offered, looking at Newt with discomfort written on his figures as he looked at the older man.

"Did those work?" Newt leaned in, looking suddenly curious.

"Well, he did faint." Harry replied, and Newt nodded, seemingly already thinking about something.

"That is interesting, indeed. If the serum didn't make him immune to spells, then he probably just slipped under MACUSA's radars and didn't get obliviated at the time. Which is weird, considering MACUSA is usually really thorough when it comes to obliviating people, regarding to the accidents I caused in the past." Newt shrugged, seemingly lost in thought as he brings the cup of tea to his mouth. His eyes snapped back into focus suddenly, and he directed them to Cassiopeia. "If I were you, I'd go to Woolworth building tomorrow to report."

"I know." Cassiopeia sighed before turning his attention to Harry. "How much is the fine for performing magics on Muggles without Obliviator's license?"

The young man shrugged. "I don't know. Last time I checked it's ranging between fifty to five hundred galleons, accounting on your spells. You want me to fly an owl to ask?"

"Thank you, sweetie."

"Don't mention it." Harry replied with a wink before slipping away to the kitchen. He appeared with his coat seconds later. "Where do we want to eat?"

"I thought you're cooking?" Newt replied with a teasing lilt on his voice as Harry groaned.

"Don't start, Uncle Newt." He jutted his lips. "It was a mistake."

"A mistake that costed three hundred galleons, I must add." Cassiopeia joined in, raising her brows before she grinned at Harry's guilty face. "Aw, come on, Potter. We all blew our kitchen at one point in our lives. Now, why don't we eat some shawarmas? I'm in the mood for that."

♤♤♤

A/N: alo-homora here. Thank you for still supporting the journey of Cassiopeia. I deeply apologize for the late update. Thank you for the lovely comments, you guys helped me finding the will to write. Love you!

Lots of hugs,

alohomora