carpe retractum

Carpe retractum (CAR-pay ruh-TRACK-tum); produces a supernatural rope from the caster's wand, which will pull a target towards the caster.

A couple of things happened at once.

The first one was Steve, quickly pulling Cassiopeia to the ground. After all those years spent in the war, it seems his body still remembered those bomb-drills.

The second was a dragon, who waltzed to the room as if it belongs there.

A freaking dragon. It was smallㅡprobably only the size of a catㅡ flew to the store, it's black talons folded neatly under its body as it landed on the floor in front of Steve.

The third thing was Charlie Weasleyㅡface flushed, red from runningㅡwith Harry Potter close on his heels, both of their wands held up.

Charlie scanned the room, his eyes landed to Cassiopeia before he opened his mouth. "Good morning. You happen to see an Asgag horned tail here somewhere? Harry scared him when he floo-ed here."

"For the record, I floo-ed to the guest room. The fireplace is always cleaner there, but guess what waits for me there." Harry opens his mouth. "Mum." He hastily added, seeing Cassiopeia's furious expression. Then his eyes fell on Steve, crouched beside her with a look of surprise etched to his face and only then he understood the source of Cassiopeia's anger.

The little dragon, meanwhile, had opted to fly into the countertop, and Charlie hit it with a stunning spell the same time Cassiopeia hit Steve with a stunning spell.

Both went limp and fell to the ground at the same time.

The situation would be funny if not for the fact that they'd just broken the Statute of Secrecy.

With a flick of her wrist, the sign on the door changed from 'OPEN' to 'CLOSE'. She also closed the curtains of the big windows for safe measures before turning to face the two men, fuming.

"Charles Weasley! Harry Potter! What do the two of you think you're doing?!"

Charlie scooped the limp dragon inside a cage he'd called from the guest room, trying to appear calm.

Harry didn't even try to appear calmㅡuneasiness and guilt was written all over his face.

"Tell me," Cassiopeia stated slowly, massaging her temple. "Who thought it would be a good idea to chase a bloody dragon from upstairs to the store?"

Harry said Charlie's name at the same time the latter said Harry.

"Look, I don't want to put a blame on anyone." She sighed. Her eyes fell on the cage on top of the counter and she waved her hand. With a soft pop, the cage is gone.

Seeing Charlie's opened mouth, she opened her own mouth too. "The cage will be on your bed." Her eyes fell to Steve Rogers and she heaved a deep sigh. "I wish I can just sent him away like that dragon."

"Why don't you? I heard Egypt is especially good this time of the year."

"Charlie." Cassiopeia began in a warning note, and Charlie's grin falters. "Okay, okay. Why don't we just erase his memory? Simple."

"We erase his memory, and we'll be breaking a law; performing magic on muggles without an obliviator's license."

"Come on, it's not illegal. The law did say that you can do that in emergency situations as long as you didn't hit them too strong." Charlie argued, all the while already moving towards Steve.

"I really don't know, Charlie. I still feel like we should report to the Obliviators." Harry said softly, eyes darting between Cassiopeia, Steve, and Charlie.

"And wait for them to come?"

"If we send a signal now, they will come in fifteen minutes." Harry deadpanned, but Charlie only scoffs. "By that time, this man would already woke up. Unless we hit him with a frying pan or something to maintain his unconsciousness."

"Charlie." Cassiopeia heaved a wry sigh as the man raised his hands. "Geez, I was joking, Cass."

"That's aunt Cass for you, thank you very much." The woman retorted drily as she crouched beside Steve. Cocking her head towards Charlie, she opened her mouth. "Will you do the honor, or should I?"

Charlie bow in a feign elegance. "You might as well do it yourself." He took a glance at Steve's face. "And you better do it quickㅡI don't want him waking up in the middle of the process."

Cassiopeia merely nods as she set her lips in a thin line. "Ugh, I really didn't like erasing memories." She began before flicking her wand. With a quick mutter of obliviate, she tucked her wand on her inside sleeve instantly.

Raising her brows toward Charlie and Harry, she cocked her brow. "Seat him on a seat. I'll make a cup of coffee."