bombarda maxima

Bombarda Maxima (BOM-bar-dah MAX-ih-mah); Creates a large explosion capable of removing entire walls. A more advanced and more powerful form of Bombarda.

Steve Rogers had failed. He knew he had failed, and he is ashamed to say so. The coward Fred Clemson had killed himself right before him.

He went back straight to the pier to rescue Cassiopeia Black's body, but the pier is deserted. Assuming that her body had already been retrieved by one of U.S. officials men, he returned to the place where they held the experiment, only to arrive in the middle of a heated argument between Peggy Carter and a blond man.

"...You can't do that! At least you have to let us pay our last respects!"

Peggy Carter's heated voice greeted his ears as Steve Rogers stepped inside the room. Howard Stark and Colonel Philips are beside her, both seemed quite pissed. Scanning the room, Steve found Abraham Erskine's body, laying on a table, but no sign of Cassiopeia's body.

"...I have every right to do so." The blond man's cold reply can be heard, and Steve found himself creeping closer to them.

"But it is a breach of law, Mr. Malfoy. You have to at least contact Colonel Philips here to request a death certificate before you can do anything to the body." Howard Stark replied, and Malfoy looked impatient.

"Yes, and then we are obligated to give her a proper burial with a ceremony. She died a national hero, Mr. Malfoy."

"Tell me, Mr. Stark--" Malfoy glanced at Colonel Philips for a mere second before opening his mouth again. "--and Mr. Philips, is Cassiopeia Black is of an American nationality or an American descent?"

Taking the two men's silence as a cue to continue, Malfoy continued. "I think you all know the answer. As a British official, which, I might add, is the same nationality as Cassiopeia Black, then I have a full right to do whatever I want with her body, including shipping it back home to sweet old Britain, hm?"

"But the burial--!" Peggy protested, and Malfoy gave an overly sweet smile. "She died as our hero, Miss Carter." He stopped to regard Colonel Philips. "And I believe she is not in your jurisdiction, Mr. Philips, and therefore her death certificate should be from our offices."

Nodding his head slightly, he opened his mouth to elaborate. "Henry is already on his way to dear old England with the body of Miss Cassiopeia."

Seeing Peggy's opened mouth, he added, "And as unprofessional as this might sound, Miss Carter, I am sorry for your loss of a good friend, but my loss is greater. She is my cousin, after all. Good day, gentlemen, and I hope we'll never see each other again."

Nodding his head to the side curtly,  the man exited the building in a flourish.

Peggy Carter burst out crying right after the man had exited, and Howard put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

Colonel Philips sighed before moving towards the limp body of Abraham Erskine.

Steve felt like an intruder to such private moment. Here they were, old friends, mourning the loss of another friends... While he, he is just... The result of that said dead friend's works.

It felt as if Abraham and Cassiopeia would've lived if Steve had not been made who he is today, and he feel guilty.

He was so busy on his own thoughts that he did not realize Colonel Philips' presence beside him until the old soldier put a hand on his shoulder.

"We lost two of our precious men today." He stopped and look straight into Steve's eyes. "And that's why you have to make sure that it shall not happen again."