ascendio

ascendio (ah-SEN-dee-oh); Lifts the caster high into the air.

Cassiopeia's hands trembled so much that she is surprised that the man Steve Rogers didn't noticed the sound of it.

It took unnecessary amount of courage to set the steaming cup of black coffee in front of him, and it took her an even bigger amount of courage to set a slice of chocolate cake in front of him.

"Thank you." Steve smiled at her as she served him, looking up from his sketchbook for a second before giving her a nod.

Upon closer inspection, Cassiopeia realized that Steve is sketching her store, and he did a quite good job there.

"You're welcome." She replied, smiling back politely. "You do a great job sketching my store."

"Oh, this?" He looked down at his sketchbook, scratching his neck sheepishly as he did so. "Thank you. I haven't draw in such a long time, so I'm afraid I'll be rusty."

"No, no, you did such a great job." Cassiopeia assured him. "Stay as long as you'd like. The store is still empty anyway." She smiled again. "I'll be behind the counter. Just call me if you need anything."

Steve mumbled yet another thanks as Cassiopeia walked away and slipped behind the counter.

She could not believe how hard her heart is beating right now--and the most annoying part of her nervousness is that she couldn't figure out why.

Sure, it might stem from the excitement of meeting an old friend--well, sort of. It could be simply just from worry. Or it could be out of fear that MACUSA will accuse her of breaking the Statute of Secrecy.

She contemplates for a second--should she call for Obliviators? Sure, Steve Rogers seemed to believe her when she said she's not the Cassiopeia she's looking for, but even the fact that he remembers Cassiopeia is a red alert.

After the Rappaport's Law was induced in full force, many, many non-magical beings have had their minds obliviated.

Steve Rogers, being a super soldier and all and therefore move around a lot, might have slipped out from the obliviator team.

She bit her lower lip before picking up her book, deciding to discuss the matter at hand with Newt Scamander the day after tomorrow on their once-a-week tea.

She almost shrieked in surprise when she saw Steve Rogers hovering above her on the other side of the counter.

The man had the politeness to look sorry, and he scratched his neck once again. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to surprise you--I was just wondering about your ceiling. I called for you but you didn't answer, so I decided to go check you out."

His face turned beet red. "I'm sorry, the last words sounded so wrong."

Cassiopeia shook her head slowly as she slipped out the counter to face him. "No worries. But what about my ceiling?"

Steve pointed upwards, and Cassiopeia followed his hands, scrunching her eyes, hoping that she wouldn't see a hole or something along the lines of that.

Instead, she found her glass ceiling staring right back at her. She looked at Steve in confusion. "I'm sorry, I didn't see it."

Steve looked at her with a disbelieving look on his face. "I can see the sun and the clouds, but we're indoors and I don't feel hot."

Cassiopeia's lips parted slightly before she giggled.

"Oops, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh at you. It's just... You're so clueless it almost seem cute." She shakes her head slowly.

"That would be the glass ceiling and air conditioner."

Seeing the helpless look on Steve's face, she chuckled as she led Steve back to his seat.

"Come on. Let me teach a thing or two to you."