brackium emendo

Brackium Emendo (BRA-key-um ee-MEN-doh); If used correctly, it is claimed that this spell will heal broken bones.

Cassiopeia blinked once. Then twice, after realizing that she had absolutely no idea where she is.

She sat up straight, examining her duvets and the room she is in, which appears to be somebody's bedroom, judging from the star-patterned wallpaper and the clothes on the floor.

"Well, look who decided to wake up after nearly gave me and Henry a bloody heart attack."

The sudden drawl made Cassiopeia snapped her head towards the door. Abraxas sauntered in, holding a tray withholding a bowl which seemed to be bloody hot, judging from the steam rising from it, and a glass of water.

"Abe."

"Cass." Abraxas replied, raising his brows. "So you're over the I-don't-know-you-at-all act?"

Cassiopeia flushed. "I was surprised, Abe. It had been what? Almost two years since I last saw you, and suddenly you and Henry appeared out of nowhere."

Abraxas frowned. "You didn't receive my letter?"

Cassiopeia's expression darkened. "So it was you who sent that! I thought it was from Father and didn't open it."

"Cass, I wrote it in the envelope that it was from me." Abraxas deadpanned, and Cassiopeia frowned back.

"What did you wrote? In the letter?"

Abraxas looked at her dead in the eye, looking as if he's contemplating whether to tell her or not before shaking his head. "It doesn't matter now. What matter is that you're here and safe."

Cassiopeia gave him an incredulous and curious stare before frowning. "I thought I died."

"You almost did, had I not..." Abraxas began before clumping his mouth.

"Had I not what?" Cassiopeia asked curiously as Abraxas set the tray on the bedside table.

"Had I not save you, of course. Luckily for you, me and Henry was there."

"Oh, yes, thank you, Abraxas, our savior." Cassiopeia began sarcastically. "And how did you even get inside as a British official?"

"Oh, we didn't tell you, didn't we?" Abraxas picked up the bowl and handed the bowl to Cassiopeia. The latter smelled the bowl and crinkled her nose in distaste.

"That Clemson man, he was one of Grindelwald's men, too. A muggle agent." He shrugged. "I personally would not want to get involved in things like that, but Henry heard that he'll shoot Abraham Erskine and his assistant, and we know that Erskine's assistant is you. We wouldn't want that, so of course, we requested a leave to America. A little spell here, a little charm there, and we are suddenly British officials."

Seeing Cassiopeia's awed expression, Abraxas lowered his head in feign shyness. "It's relatively easy, Cass, you know how it is." His gaze fell to the bowl on Cassiopeia's lap. "And I would drink that quickly if I were you. It's blood-replenishing potion, and trust me, it tastes worse when it's cool."

Cassiopeia crinkled her nose yet again as she took a sip and almost bawled. Abraxas chuckled symphatetically. "Oof."

After she had finished it all, Cassiopeia quickly gulped the cold water, relieved that the horrible experience was over. "Oh, and Henry is in the kitchen. What do you want for dinner?"

"Anything will taste better than that potion," Cassiopeia grumbled, and Abraxas laughed. Putting the glass and the bowl on the tray, he stood up.

"Oh, and uncle Pollux and aunt Irma will arrive here tomorrow. They're still tackling with Merlin-knows-what in Vienna. And both Alphard and Orion says they'll join us for dinner."

The thought of meeting her parents filled her with dread, but the thought of meeting Alphard and Orion, her two big brothers, excites her.

She nods, and Abraxas left the room with a shout of, "You should go to sleep! I'll wake you up when dinner's ready!"

And with that, Cassiopeia drifted into the darkness again, letting sleep enveloped her.

***
a/n:
once again, thank you for reading my story and adding this to your reading list! I don't know if you guys know this, but I absolutely LOVE you all!

xx, alohomora