Impossible Part 3

Suggested by: 

Alec slowly realized that he was at the institute, instead of at Magnus' apartment, when he woke up. Magnus was laying next to him, already awake. "Good morning, Alexander," Magnus greeted with his morning voice. Alec blinked at him for a second, still fuzzy with sleep. Then he remembered: Maryse was coming to see him today. She still wasn't aware he was pregnant. She didn't even approve of his relationship with Magnus. Coming back out of his thoughts, he noticed Magnus staring at him. "What's wrong, darling?"

"My mom is coming today," Alec said. "She has no idea of my pregnancy. Mags, what are we going to do?"

"I don't know," Magnus said honestly. He got out of the bed and helped Alec get up. "We'll tell her, and it'll be okay, okay?"

"You obviously don't know my mother." Despite his situation, Alec had a small smile on his face.

"I do know that she already hates me. What do we have to lose? Maybe this will make her realize that our relationship isn't going anywhere." Magnus struggled to reach Alec's lips with his stomach in the way. "I love you, Alexander, and this pregnancy has strengthened our love. Your mother is going to have to accept it sometime."

"By the Angel, I hope you're right, Magnus."

Just as promised, Maryse arrived later that day. "Just go in and tell her. I'll be right next to you the entire time," Magnus said, attempting to convince Alec to tell Maryse about his pregnancy. She'd just arrived, and hasn't seen Alec yet. "You're a badass Shadowhunter; you can do this, Alexander." Magnus' voice now had a flirtatious tone. He reached around and pinched Alec's butt. "Maybe we'll find something to entertain ourselves later if you get this over with," Magnus hinted.

"I think me being pregnant has made you more horny," Alec stalled. Magnus rolled his eyes and smiled before attempting to pull Alec by the hand, down the hall to where Maryse was staying. "At least I know you still find me attractive," Alec continued. 

"Yes, Alexander, you are the sexiest Shadowhunter I've ever seen. Now go!" He pulled a little harder on Alec's hand, and he finally began to move. 

When Alec opened the door, Maryse turned toward him. Her smile fell as she immediately noticed Alec's large stomach. Her eyes moved, and she saw Magnus standing next to Alec. "You did this, didn't you?" she accused Magnus. 

"Yes, the babies are mine," Magnus admitted proudly. 

"How could you do this to my son?" she asked angrily. 

"It takes two to tango..." Magnus mumbled. 

"What was that, Warlock?" Maryse spat. 

"Alexander wanted it just as much, maybe even more than I did," Magnus attempted politeness. He couldn't help but notice that Alec's cheeks were completely red with embarrassment. 

"You filthy warlock!" Maryse's voice rose in volume. "Alec was doing great; he was on the right path, until he met you. You ruined my son." 

Magnus was hurt by Maryse's words, but refused to let it show. Unfortunately, Alec saw right through him. He stepped in between his mother and his boyfriend. "Mom, I love Magnus. We weren't expecting this," Alec gestured toward his stomach, "but they've already strengthened our relationship. I'm not giving Magnus up for anything."

"Alec, honey, you've already given up everything, and all for a downworlder." 

It's was Alec's turn to start yelling, "Magnus is not just some downworlder, Mom! He's the man I'm in love with. He's the father to my children." 

Maryse shoved Alec out of her way, wanting to get to Magnus again. In her anger, she used a little more force than expected, and Alec lost his balance, collapsing on the ground. He cried out as a sharp pain speared his stomach. There was a sudden whoosh of liquid from between his legs. He looked at Magnus, who was already next to him. His eyes were full of concern for Alec. "Alexander, I think you're going into labor. We need to get you to the infirmary." Magnus' voice was calmer than he looked. Quickly, he lifted Alec off the ground and carried him to the infirmary. They left Maryse standing, stunned, in her room. 

A couple hours later, and with the help of the silent brothers presiding over the infirmary, Alec delivered all three of his triplets. Magnus was beside him through the entire process. Alec held one of his boys in each arm, while Magnus held their baby girl. "What shall we name them?" Magnus questioned as he blinked back tears of joy. 

"How about Jaime and Anthony for the boys, and..." Alec trailed off. 

"Arya," Magnus suddenly said. 

"I love it." 

"I love the boys', too," Magnus replied with a large smile. 

Soon after, Maryse arrived in the room. The babies were all sleeping in small cribs near Alec's bed. Magnus was laying next to Alec in the smallish bed. Maryse looked stunned to see the two sharing a bed when she walked in, but quickly composed herself. "I wanted to see my grandchildren," she said. 

"They're sleeping at the moment, but obviously you can see them. Their names are Jaime, Anthony, and Arya. When they wake up, you're welcome to hold them," Alec said. 

There was tension in the room. Maryse was the one who broke it, "I'm sorry for how I acted."

"I need to know, Mom, will you ever accept Magnus? He's part of the family now." Maryse sighed, but Alec continued before she could speak, "I know how downworlders were looked at when you grew up, but times are different now. We shouldn't be fighting anymore, we should work together against the greater evil." 

Maryse looked stunned at her son for a second, "I think I was wrong. You haven't given anything up for Magnus. He's helped you become a better leader. One day, very soon, you're going to be head of this institute. With Magnus next to you, you could make decisions that help the whole world, mundane and shadow." 

Through her small speech, Alec felt Magnus hold onto him a little tighter. This is all Magnus had ever wanted to hear. He just wanted to feel acceptance. 

"Thank you, Mom," Alec said. 

"You should rest. I'll come back to see all of you later, okay?" Maryse began to stand up. 

Alec nodded in agreement, and Maryse came over to the side of the bed to quickly kiss his forehead before making her way out of the room. Alec turned to Magnus once she left. "Can we say that went well?" 

"I don't know about that, but it ended well," Magnus replied. Alec leaned forward to kiss Magnus. 

"Hey, I told my mother... Are we still going to 'find a way to entertain ourselves' later?" Alec suggested. 

"Alexander Gideon Lightwood, not in front of our children!" Magus playfully scolded. 

"You're the one who suggested it first!" Alec accused. 

"Maybe I was just bribing you, so you'd tell your mom." 

"Yeah... sure." Alec radiated sarcasm. He leaned over and playfully nipped Magnus' ear. 

"Hey! Knock it off!" Magnus giggled. Alec let go of his ear and planted small kissed on his cheek and down his jaw. "I love you," Magnus said. His eyes were closed as he let himself relax against Alec. 

"I love you, too," Alec replied before wrapping an arm around Magnus. They both had just drifted off into sleep when the sharp wail of a newborn cut through the air. And so it begins, thought Alec. 

"I've got it," Magnus said, already getting up. As Alec watched Magnus take care of their crying child, he could only think about how lucky he was to have Magnus in his life.