New Year's

This is a short one shot because I literally didn't have any ideas.

"Are you inviting Alec?" Izzy asked Magnus.

"Why, yes, but do you think he'll come?"

"I'm not sure, but he hasn't stopped talking about you since we had to come to that party of yours," Izzy smiled.

A couple days later, Magnus sent out formal invitations to the small group of Shadowhunters he could call friends. He sent out Alec's with hope of him showing up.

"Jace, Clary, I'm happy you could arrive!" Magnus greeted. "Drinks are over there." He motioned behind him as he craned his neck to see behind the couple. Alec hadn't arrived yet. He was going to be the last one to show up, if at all. Jace and Clary walked in behind Magnus, and all three joined Izzy and Simon.

"Did Alec say he was arriving?" Magnus asked the group, trying to sound casual.

Izzy sadly squeezed Magnus' upper arm, "He didn't say anything to me, but perhaps he will still show."

Magnus tried not to let the news get to him. He turned on the music, and the small group drank, talked and danced.

As midnight grew nearer, Magnus became more worried and disappointed about Alec's absence, but then, at a quarter after eleven, the doorbell rang. Magnus immediately perked up, hoping, praying that the person on the other side of the door would be Alec. He quickly answered the door and tried to hide the growing smile on his face as he took in the black haired, blue eyed man in front of him.

"Hello, Alexander, come in, please." Magnus quickly pulled himself together and greeted Alec. He quickly walked over to the drink table to get Alec something strong, but not too strong.

Alec took a sip of the drink and held back a cough, "This is... good."

"I know you don't really drink, but it's New Year's Eve, you have to have at least one drink," Magnus teased. Alec smiled back.

They spent the next ten minutes talking  and laughing about random things. Magnus loved when Alexander laughed; the way this whole face lit up made joy course through Magnus.

The countdown to midnight began. Magnus put his drink down as everyone turned toward Magnus' television and shouted "10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1!" As the ball in Times Square dropped, Jace kissed Clary, and Simon kissed Izzy. Alec looked at Magnus shyly, and Magnus leaned in towards Alec. Slowly and hesitantly, their lips met. Alec's free hand held Magnus' shoulder, as Magnus gripped Alec's waist.

They pulled apart and saw everyone else smiling at them.

Magnus smiled at Alec, "I'm sorry, it's just, I really like you, and I felt that the moment was right..." Magnus trailed off.

Alec shook his head, also smiling. "It's totally fine, I was actually kinda hoping you'd be my New Year's kiss."

Magnus picked up his drink, "Here's to seeing more of each other this year."

Alec clinked his glass against Magnus'.

"I'd like that," he said.