Valentine's Day

Alec again opened the box that held Magnus' present. It was a necklace with the rune for love as the charm. He hoped Magnus would like it. Just as Alec was putting the box away again, a bouquet of 12 red roses dropped onto his desk. A smile broke out on Alec's face as he read the card.

My Dearest Alexander -

This is our first Valentine's Day together. The first of many that I look forward to. My love for you grows by the day. You are my love, my life, my everything.

Aku Cinta Kamu,

Magnus

Tears formed in Alec's eyes as he read the card. A portal appeared in front of Alec and Magnus stepped through. He smoothed down his clothes as he looked up at Alec.

"I see you received my present," Magnus observed.

Alec said nothing. He put the roses down onto his desk and walked toward Magnus. He wrapped his arms around the warlock and kissed his lips. Magnus was taken slightly by surprise, and giggled slightly before kissing Alec back. Magnus broke the kiss a couple seconds later.

"I'm guessing you enjoyed the gift?" he asked with a smile.

"Shut up," Alec said before pulling Magnus back into a kiss. This time, Magnus put his hands around Alec's shoulders. He slipped his tongue between Alec's lips and explored the inside of his mouth. Alec stepped backward until he was able to sit on his desk. Magnus stepped closer, so he was inbetween Alec's legs. His fingers danced down Alec's back, creating goosebumps down the shadowhunter's spine.

Alec broke the kiss and rested his forehead against Magnus'.

"I have your present, too," Alec said after a few moments of silence.

Before Magnus could say anything, Alec leaned backward and opened a drawer in his desk. He took out the small necklace box.

"Here," he held the box out to Magnus. Magnus looked into Alec's eyes as he took the box. His eyes briefly lost their glamour as he looked at the necklace.

"It's the rune for love," Alec explained, "I thought that you could always have a part of me when you wear it, and everyone who sees it will know how I feel about you."

"Oh, Alexander, I love it!" Magnus exclaimed. He removed the necklace from the box, held it out to Alec, and turned around so he back was facing the shadowhunter. Alec put the necklace around Magnus' neck and clasped it. Magnus turned to face Alec once more, still looking at the necklace.

"What would you say if I suggested going home?" Magnus asked sweetly.

"What would we do at home?" Alec asked, playing dumb.

"Well, we could open a nice bottle of wine and a box of chocolate I may or may not have waiting for us, pop in a movie, and see where the night takes us," Magnus replied, intertwining his fingers with Alec's.

"You make a persuasive argument," Alec teases. He acted like he was thinking about Magnus' suggestion. "Well, I think I could get Jace to cover for me for at least a couple hours."

Alec pulled out his phone and quickly sent a text to Jace. Going home with Magnus. ;) Cover for me if I'm needed.

A couple seconds later, Jace replied. Will do. Go get some Romeo! ;)

"I'm all yours," Alec said. He picked up the bouquet of roses from his desk and allowed Magnus to lead him through a portal back to his apartment.