The Baby

Sorry this is so short. I didn't have much time to write and I couldn't really think of a good idea. I'm probably going to do a part 2 of this next week, though

"Magnus?" 

"Yes, Alexander?" 

"Do you want to have kids someday?" Alec asked carefully. 

"Maybe someday, why?" 

Alec took a deep breath, "I want to adopt a baby, with you."

Magnus smiled broadly. He pulled Alec in for a deep kiss. 

"Alexander Lightwood, there is nothing that would make me happier than to start a family with you."

Within the next couple months, they created a nursery out of a spare room of the apartment. Everyone in the institute knew of their plan to adopt a baby, so when a warlock baby with blue skin was left on the steps of the institute, Maryse immediately thought of her son. 

"Magnus!" Alec yelled excitedly after hanging up the phone. 

"Yes, darling?" Magnus answered as he waltzed into the room. 

"Mom called, she said their was a baby found, and that she thought he would be perfect for us."

 That's all Magnus needed to hear, he quickly portalled them both to the institute.

Maryse was waiting in her office with the baby when they arrived. 

"He's a warlock?" Magnus said with excitement. 

"It would seem so," Maryse replied. 

Alec picked up the small blue baby. Tears formed in his eyes. "He's beautiful," he said. 

"We must keep him," Magnus agreed. 

"What will you name him?" Maryse asked. 

"Max," Magnus said suddenly, surprising both Maryse and Alec. 

"Max Lightwood-Bane," Alec corrected, making Magnus smile.

"He's yours," Maryse said, still surprised Magnus wanted to name his child after her youngest son. 

Alec and Magnus took Max home. 

"I love him already," Magnus said as Alec placed the baby into his crib. Alec put his arm around Magnus and pulled him as close as possible. 

"I do too." He kissed Magnus' forehead as they both watched their son sleep.