Coming Home

I got a couple requests for a Sexting part 2, but I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do for that, so I wrote this instead. 

It was getting really late, but Max and Raphael refused to go to bed for Magnus. He'd made the mistake of telling them that Alec was coming home today, and now they wanted to wait up for him. He hadn't been aware, though, of how late Alec would be home, though. 

Just as he was leaving his bedroom from changing into some pajamas, Magnus' phone beeped. It was a message from Alec. 

I'm outside.

"I think Daddy's home," he said excitedly to Max and Raphael. 

"Yay!" the two boys called together as they ran to the door. Alec opened the door, immediately dropped his stuff inside, and held out his arms for his two boys. Max climbed into his arms and wrapped his arms around Alec. Rafe hugged Alec's leg tightly.

"Hi, guys, did you miss me?" Alec laughed. 

"I missed you soo much, Dad!" Max said. 

"Yeah, can I go with you next time you do to Alicante?" Raphael asked. 

"I missed you both, too. We'll see, Rafe. I don't know if you'd want to go; it's all business and institute stuff for me. If I could get Izzy to stay with you while I'm in meetings, it'll be a possibility, okay?" 

"Okay," Rafe replied, unable to hide his excitement. He gave Alec's leg  another quick squeeze before letting go and just standing next to him, waiting for him to put him to bed. Alec looked up to see Magnus was leaning against the doorway. 

"Welcome home, Alexander," Magnus said. He came over to Alec and wrapped his arms around him, hugging him tightly and squishing Max between them. 

"I'm happy to be back," Alec sighed. 

"Good. Never leave me home alone with the boys again," Magnus said as he pulled back from Alec, but leaving his arms around him. 

"I can't promise that," Alec smiled. He leaned forward and kissed Magnus' lips. Max moved so he could slip from Alec's grip, allowing Alec to wrap both arms around Magnus' waist. Max walked over to where Raphael was standing. 

"Why do they do they kiss all the time?" Max asked his older brother. 

"It's because they love each other," Raphael explained. 

"They must love each other a lot, then." 

"They do, Max." 

"I'm happy they love each other."

"I am, too."

At that moment, the boys looked at each other. They smiled at each other before running over to there dads and shoving their way in between them, forcing them apart. Alec smiled at Magnus before asking the boys, "Who's ready for bed?" 

"I am!" Raphael said. 

"Me, too," Max echoed. "I want you to put me to bed, Dad." 

"I figured," Alec said, lifting Max. Raphael slipped his hand into Alec's as they walked down the hall to the boys' room. Alec laid Max in the bottom of the bunk beds, tucking him in. Raphael climbed up the ladder to the top bunk, and Alec stood on the ladder to tuck him in, like he did Max. He kissed both boys goodnight, and after assuring them that he'd see them in the morning, he left the room, leaving the door ajar. 

"The boys are in bed?" Magnus asked from the couch. 

"Yep," Alec said, laying on the couch with his head in Magnus' lap. Magnus ran his fingers through Alec's hair. 

"I really did miss you. The boys, too, they would ask me everyday when you were coming home." 

"I missed you guys too. It was lonely at night without you, and I have to admit, I missed the boys' constant noise." 

"Than you don't have to leave again if you missed us so much." 

Alec laughed, "Now you know I can't do that." 

Magnus laced his fingers with Alec's, "I know." 

Alec yawned, "Are you ready for bed?" 

"I've been ready." 

They both got up and went back to their room. Magnus took off the decorative pillows and got into the bed, Alec following after he changed. Alec laid on his back, and Magnus laid his head on Alec's shoulder. He found Alec's hand resting on his chest and laced their fingers together. 

Soon after they went to bed, Max found his way into their room and climbed into bed next to Alec. Alec held the small warlock boy with his free arm. Just a few minutes later, Raphael climbed into their bed, too, laying in between Magnus' and Alec's bodies, but not separating them enough that Magnus had to let go of Alec's hand. As Alec fell asleep with his bed full, he found that this was the happiest he'd felt since before he'd left for his week in Alicante, and that this is exactly what he'd missed on the trip.