Chapter 18

Chapter-18

Martin Vincento's POV

"I don't care! I want them at any cost in the next four hours! Got it?!", I threatened in my low voice not wanting to wake Diana up.

"W-We will try our level best Sir", I heard the person say with fright laced in his voice.

"I don't want you to try! I want you to do it!", I snapped in my angry voice and cut the call before he can say anything. I angrily put the phone down on the bed side table and got inside the bed. I got under the blacnket and instantly she snuggled closer to me. Her hand is on my chest along with her head. I happily put my ahndsa round her pulling her more closer.

I took a deep breathe and tried to sleep. But I can't. What happened three hours ago ran in my mind like a movie reel. I can't believe I let it happen to her. Damn! I should have been more careful! She wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for me. I should have not let go of her hand while talking on the phone.

Those guys! I want to kill them with my own hands! How dare they touch my girl! At that thought I looked down at her beautiful face. There is a white cotton cloth on her forehead where her blood bled. I took her hands and there are green finger prints on her wrists. Her cheek is bruised and there are finger prints on her cheek too. She looked so tired.

The sight of her made my heart bleed. She is sleeping so peacefully, but I can't! I can't sleep until I punish those bastards brutally. I want to torture them like they did to her. I can't believe I was so irresponsible! I can't even imagine the torture and pain she had gone through those few minutes. If I was a few minutes late... No! I don't even want to imagine it!

I ran my fingers gently on her bruises, not wanting to wake her up. Cara Mia! I kissed her forehead. She moved a little, but snuggled more into me. I called the doctor on our way back to home and got her injuries treated. As soon as I saw those ugly bruises on her face, I want to run back to those filthy rogues and show what a beast I can be.

I know I sound rude. But I don't care! I want to tear them limb to limb, painfully. I would have caught them in that minute, but Diana is more important to me than them. I can still remember the sight of her face pressed against the surface of the car engine with tears on her face. I saw how that bastard bet her on her back.

Urggh!... Just the sight of it pains me. When I pushed that man away, I twisted his hand with which he bet her and I am sure his bone cracked due to the sound it made. Don't mess with an ex-army man!

I looked down at her again. I cupped her face.

"From today, I won't let anything happen to you, Cara. Anything. I will take care of you. I won't let anyone or anything harm you, Cara Mia", I promised silently, even though I know she couldn't hear me. She moved and breathed.

"Martin", she whispered my name with her eyes closed, meaning she is still sleeping. I feel so happy. She whispered my name. She is seeking comfort in me and I couldn't be happier.

I don't know why, but a small smile came itself on my lips. I don't know what these feelings are and what I feel for her, but I am sure, I can't live without her. She captured me on the first sight. I am so happy that I fired her. I can't hear her calling herself cheaply and thinking herself low. She is beautiful, inside out. Having her beside me and touring her the whole Venice is superb.

I wanted to buy her everything when her eyes twinkled. but she stopped me. I planned out everything perfectly. I wanted to have a peaceful and happy day. I wanted to make the first of her's in Venice to be special. But the day has to be spoiled by them. I just hate it! I will protect her like she is my eyelid from today.