Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Diana Thomas's POV

"Mom, come on. Let's go to the hospital cafeteria. You didn't eat anything since yesterday afternoon You even need to take your tablets."

"No. I am fine son. You should go eat. You didn't eat anything too."

"Yes, but I don't need to take tablets. Come on. Please."

"But, Diana..."

"Mom, you need to take care of yourself too. You should not neglect. I know you are not taking your medication since last week. You look weak. Come, eat something."

"Okay." She sounds exhausted.

"When is she going to wake up mom? It's been a month already." A month? I am sleeping for a month now? Why though?

"She will wake up soon."

"I am so bored without her. I miss her." Oh, my dearest brother. "Even Kurt is concerned about her. Greg asked about her. He said he is going to come visit her in two days."

Kurt? Who is Kurt? Who is Greg?

I felt the sense of someone holding my hand firmly. Not too tight that it hurts either. I tried to open my eyes. I felt my hand now being clasped in between two soft palms. I tried hard t open my eyes, but it's hard. I pushed myself to open my eyes. I want to wake up from this state.

I slowly opened my eyes. There is a lot of light which caused me to blink a lot. A whimper left my mouth and the hands holding me leave my hand to hold my shoulders gently.

"Diana. Honey." It's mom. I heard the door open and my eyes slowly adjusted to the bright light. I look at the door and saw my brother. He is looking at me with shock. I look up and found mom looking at me with a wide smile on her face. I gave her a weak smile in return.

"Sis! You scared us to death, you stupid girl." He came and tried to hug me when mom stopped him. She pointed towards me and I look down to find many tubes fixed to my body.

"Oh, Diana! My baby. I was so worried. I am so happy you woke up." I saw my brother pressing the switch to call the nurse. Why am I in the hospital? They both sat on either side of the bed and held my hands. Did I get into an accident? The scars on my hands and legs tell me so though.

"Mo..." My throat is dry that I was not able to talk.

"I will bring water." My brother, Derek left the room. Just as he left a doctor and a nurse came in.

The doctor looks like he is in his early thirties with a nurse who looks younger than him. He came in and gave me a polite smile. I gave one back in return.

"Good morning, Ms. Thomas! How are you feeling?"

"Thirsty." I look behind him and found my brother answering his question as he came to me with a glass of water. He gave it to me and I drank like I just walked out of the desert. Derek took the glass from my hand and sat beside me. "Good morning doctor. I am feeling a little weak."

"It's normal. No need to worry about anything. It's just you have two fractures, nothing that can't be fixed. You will be totally fine in a few weeks." Fractures? How big is the accident that I got into?

"Thank you. Will I be able to go out after two weeks? Cause we have planned a trip to Hawaii for this New Year." I don't want mom and brother to stop because of me. I look at them and found them looking at me in shock.