Truce

Exactly after two weeks two days God showed some mercy on me. Just like previous night, today also I threw away my food when Ajay came to eat his dinner and practically ran to my room. After crying little bit, I washed my face and walked lazily to switch off light. At the same moment someone knocked my door. Thinking why grandma came up at this time I opened the door. Unfortunately standing infront of my room is a nervous Ajay.

"I.....Can I come in....Ahaana?" Ahaana? I thought my name was fat whore. OK I'm angry and upset still.

Fuming silently I let him come inside. I guess he came to scold me more for staying here still or he got angry that I wasted his food.

Silently praying to God to not to make me cry again for silly reasons, I started talking, "I know why you came Mr.James, but please know that I'm really looking for room outside. Being academic month almost all rooms are filled up. The moment I get an empty room I will be finally out of your house and sight. Please don't shout on me anymore and give me few days time."

"I.....I didn't come here to shout at you. I umm..... I want to apologize for my behavior." Did Ajay stutter just now? Dear lord he is apologizing me....I guess I'm going to faint. Someone pinch me. No hit me. Is it true? Or a dream? I guess its a dream. Or else why would Ajay say sorry to me....

"Close your mouth, unless you want flies inside your mouth. And yes I came to say sorry for shouting at you. Also for judging you, Especially for calling you fat," he affectively brought me out of my trance. His words are half sincere, especially about judging me. But I can take it though. Something is better than nothing, right.

"W-why? I m-mean why now? Why are you a-a-apolozing now?" I ask doubtfully.

"Your friend Ishani. She made me realize that apparently you are a nun and I judged you without knowing you properly. She even mentioned about how less you are eating when you are with your friends. For that I apologize again, for calling you 'F' word. It was not my intention to body shame you.... It's just slipped my tongue......"

I stopped hearing him. My only thought is it's Ishani. She called him and talked with him. Apparently they are on talking terms. I knew that they exchanged phone numbers but not the fact that they are in touch through phone. She didn't tell me about this. But then again I was busy being miserable, so I might have missed when she told. Actually I made a mistake to tell Ishani about Ajay's bad judgment when he saw me wearing that saree. After Ajay left me in wedding, she unfortunately noticed my swollen red eyes and kept pestering me why I cried. She was not letting that matter go. So in the end to shut her mouth I didn't tell whole truth, but I outlined how he judged me for showing that much skin and insisted she don't do such things again. Well it misfired I guess. They became buddy buddy on my misery. Was I being too much jealous?

Of course I would be. As seeing Ajay was willing to listen her, a stranger words than me, his once upon a time playmate Ahaana. But then again I'm the stranger now. Given how cruelly he is asking me to call him Mr.James instead of Ajay. From the moment I saw Ajay, when I was a kid to till now, I always called him Ajay. Even when my father insisted me to show respect to elders and call him brother, I never did. Nor Ajay forced me to call him that way. I never budged my decision to call him anything other Ajay even when my father slapped me for being a spoiled brat and not showing proper respect. Well as a kid then I really did acted like spoiled brat and refused to call Ajay anything other than his name and even worse threw a big tantrum by throwing myself on ground and shouting bad words I learnt from school. My first and last tantrum. And I still remember how livid Ajay became when he saw my father slapping me. He gave an ultimatum to everyone present there asking not to force me to call him something I didn't like. Well it could have been then my love blossomed....I really don't know. He was too sweet lad back then.