Birthday Dance

Before the shock of having Shaurya as my dancing partner wear off, I was pushed to dance floor by Isha with Shaurya behind me. Though I try to bail out by giving an excuse of 'I never dance' Shaurya had a strong grip on my hand, and didn't let me run away.

Sighing I keep my life in hands of God to save me later from Ajay's wrath. Due to my weariness I didn't see Shaurya properly. Similar to Ajay he is also dressed in white shirt in white suit. I can't help but compare them both. Ajay styled his hair in a slicked back manner while Shaurya had his floppy hair fall in front of his eyes. They both are like Yin Yang. Ajay is dark mysterious devil, while Shaurya is sweet Angel.

I'm jerked from my thoughts by Shaurya who grabbed me by my waist and pulled me close to him. I had to lay my hands on his chest to balance myself, which I lost due to the sudden moment. His chest is hard under my fingertips. His signature cologne is not too thick and heavy, but mild pleasant, urging me to take another whiff of his perfume. Controlling my stupid brain, before it embarrassed me by making me sniff Shaurya like a dog and in my examination process I didn't miss his sharp intake of breath when I laid my hands on his chest.

Not wanting to give him any stupid idea, I quickly remove my hands and lay them on his shoulders calmly. His fingers tighten on my waist in displeasure. Gathering my thoughts I lift my head and stare Shaurya's face. "Why didn't you reject to dance with me?" I hiss at him in low voice.

"Are you kidding me? Why would I do that and miss the golden opportunity to be close to you? NEVER." He replies with amused smile, pulling me still more closer.

I whisper yell, "Stop it Shaurya. I already said you I'm not interested and I love someone else." Someone who is busy dancing with my best friend. How badly I want to turn around and see them both dancing.

"So? I too said you that I'm not going to let you go easily." He says spinning me around, and continues dancing with my back pressed to his front. He shouldn't have done that. Because I can see Ajay and Isha's dance. Though Ajay's eyes are on us, his hands are on bare skin of Isha's back. His eyes are burning with soft rage, directed at me.

I'm jealous. Not just small level jealousy. It's full blown envy. Till now I never considered myself to be such jealous person. Because most of the times, I used to feel upset when I see Ajay with another girl, aka Kaira. Upset with myself. Than jealous. But right now I'm trembling with green eyed monster, even when they are doing nothing but dancing. Dancing closely, like lovers, my brain revels.

Sadly it's Isha, who is pressing herself into Ajay's body. Whenever Ajay tries to remove his hands from her hips, she drags them back to their original place and leans closer to him to say something. Something to which he laughs loud, even the rage he had for me disappears from his eyes.

How could she? Even after knowing about Ajay and me. What relationship does you have with Ajay that Isha had to stop herself from marking her moves on Ajay? Questions my brain. Though what my brain asks is right, tears swirl in my eyes at the betrayal I'm feeling right now. More than that I feel like an idiot for letting Ajay maul me earlier in our home. And now seeing him close to someone else hurt me than anything else.

"Are you alright?" Shaurya asks turning me around, in concern.

"Sure. Why wouldn't I be? When I have a stalker like you?" I question blinking away my tears before they make grand entrance.