Strip

Thank you one an all for supporting my book and voting. Each and everyone are amazing. Keep showering your love on my book. Enjoy.....

{Not edited, contains many small errors. Proceed with caution😜 ]

Opening my eyes in panic I take a note of my surroundings and me. I'm still in the cab, with a cut on my forehead near my hairline and many more bleeding spots on my hands. Might be due to glass shards. Groaning I step out of the cab, and see many people circled the accident area and one asking if I'm alright. Nodding yes I turn to see what hit my cab and my eyes burn in horror at the site of school children trapped in auto rickshaw. They all look like 5-10 old. Letting a small cry I reach over auto and help people who are taking those kids out. Looks like both the drivers fled the scene. God! How careless these drivers can be. Thankfully someone has already called ambulance, which arrived quickly.

Carefully paramedics mounted all the students in the ambulance. Though all kids appear to be having minor injuries, two kids looked a bit worse. They both are unconscious scaring me. As I was also involved in accident, they wanted me to get checked at hospital. Praying nothing happens to those innocent kids, I went along with them. I ignored their help to treat me, and asked to take care of those kids first. Thankfully blood stopped seeping from my cuts, but I'm sure I look like a victim in any gore films.

Once we reached hospital....it all happened so fast. Every doctor is ready, waiting in emergency room, receiving injured kids hastily and starting their treatment right away. Though one doctor repeatedly asked me to get checked, I ask him to ignore me and see how those unconscious kids are doing. After few minutes I pester the same doctor to tell me what happened to them. Though reluctantly as I'm not any way related to kids, he tells me that one of those kids condition is little worse and he should be immediately treated. I notice a hesitation behind his words, and after asking him again, he tells me that though they had tried to contract every kids parents, they could not contact that particular kid's parents. As per the hospital protocol, someone has to be here to pay bills and also to sign on documents necessary for surgery and all, as a guardian.

It worried me so much. He could be 6 or 7 years and has to meet such fate. Immediately I tell him that I would take responsibility of that kid, Varun and do the necessary formalities.

I enquire about about the billing details and get surprised how much it costs. Out of one lakh rupees, thirty thousand should be immediately deposited, given he should undergo surgery immediately.

Immediately I reach my bag and pay twenty five thousand I had and ask receptionist to give me some more time to pay balance five thousand, and start treatment by then. Though reluctantly, she agrees. In this process I completely miss the fact that this hospital is where Ajay works. Thinking to go home and get my atm card, I turn around only to get collided with a giant.

"Ahaana, what are you doing?" Ajay asks in a serious voice.

"Ajay, I-I am here...." Ajay noticed my blood crusted face and gasped.

"What the hell happened?" He asks in a serious voice. Having no escape I tell him about my accident. Then he asked me why I'm not treated yet...and that's how I knew I landed in big soup. Though I try to fool him, but adamantly he asks why no doctor took the pain to clean my wounds and check me even after being involved in accident. I cringe at his voice and hurriedly say how I was worried about that kid, Varun and I was reluctant to undergo any treatment. He growled at my carelessness and tried to drag me to somewhere. We halt when receptionist calls my name to take the receipt.