Ruin

Belated Happy Valentines day....

"S-Shaurya? What happened?" Panicked I take his hand and remove broken glass from his hand.

"Oh God! It's bl-bleeding like hell. Come here," I wrap the end of my dupatta and drag him to bathroom. After a little shuffle I find a first aid kit there. Making him sit on the counter, I remove dupatta and wince at the bleeding mess. There are few glass pieces still struck in his palm

"Why did you do this? I'm s-sorry for dumping my stupid emotions on you Shaurya. This will hurt a little," I carefully remover glass pieces with tweezers after cleaning with alcohol, "I'm really sorry Shaurya." I didn't even know why am I apologizing at that moment.

For a moment I'm amazed at how calm he is, sitting there with a stoic face, without any sign of being in pain, except jaw grinding. Shaking my head I carefully check for any remaining glass pieces. After not finding any I apply fresh bandage and say, "I don't think you will be needing stitches, but it would be better if you go to hospital tomorrow once and checked once."

He doesn't respond but just stares at me. "Shaurya," I shout his name shaking him a little. Which finally reverted him back to earth. "Sorry.... Just.... Are you feeling sleepy?" He mumbles walking away from bathroom. I too walk behind him, thinking why did Shaurya broke that glass. Was it an accident or anything. I halt when he suddenly turns around, making me hit his chest in the process.

Rubbing my long nose that took a hit, I ask, "What happened?"

"I.... I have a conference call now. I'll just attend it and come back," He says checking time. Before I can, he already left me. Alone. With my thoughts. In the meanwhile I call front desk and ask them to send pain killers and ointment and change into night dress. As promised I was delivered with tables and ointment 15 minutes later. I wait for Shaurya but he doesn't come back even after an hour.

Sighing I grab the medicines and walk to his room slowly. Fortunately or unfortunately his room is slightly open, with little loud voices coming out of the room. Out of concern and curiosity I walk inside, which I should not have done.

Inside Shaurya is in video call with his father. It's more like fighting than talking. From bits and pieces I heard, I could make out that his father is shouting at Shaurya for ditching emergency in business in the middle and coming back to India, which caused huge loss in their business. Not only that, some other investors are also threatening to back out. His father is adamant to know what such important matter he has, which lead to this situation. And Shaurya... He is saying that whatever the reason is, that is much more important to him than such business deals or money.

With those thoughts I turn back and return to my room. Thankfully Shaurya didn't notice my sneaking. Once inside my room, I started thinking again about his words.

I don't have to be an Einstein to understand what that important matter is.

Only answer I can get is.... ME.

Other than that I couldn't make out any other good reason.

And such revelation is much more scary than Ajay rejecting me.

How did Shaurya knew about me being sad? Is he tagging me?

After pacing in room till I got blisters, kidding, I put stop to my thoughts and try to sleep, hoping that my speculations remain speculation. Which is an idiotic idea, as I don't get sleep like always.

I end up sighing nth time, and come to simple and logistic conclusion that Shaurya is a sweetheart and I can ever make him happy like he deserves. And going on a date with him only made our situation more complicated. Though he made my first date this memorable, I'll always end up being in guilty for ruining his business deals or whatever.