Marry Me

"Shaurya Khurana? Well this is going to be extremely fun," said a deeply amused voice beside me, while I stood in deep shock. My brain is frozen till Shaurya who is climbing steps stopped for a second to give me a sharp glare and continue towards Isha. No wonder her parents are rushing her engagement with Shaurya. And I can't blame her for her worsened mood because of her engagement. Isha knows how much Shaurya is crazy about me, and she first-hand experienced that in her bedroom. No girl would like to be second choice for any guy. And she is struck.

Next hour passed in a blur with introduction of Shaurya and his family and giving announcement of their engagement, and everyone rushing up to congratulate the new couple. I'm still rooted to my place not daring to move closer and see Isha being miserable. I know I'm being little dramatic, because actually Shaurya is absolutely perfect for Isha in everything. My only concern is his heart leaning towards me. If this is just puppy love for me, then he will surely start loving Isha. But if it's not....that's a bit scary too. No one wants to be in a relationship with a guy who is pinning after other girl. Also I'm worried if this thing will cause any rift between Isha and me and I really don't want to loose her as a friend.

Suddenly Ajay grabbed me and lead me onto the stage to congratulate the new couple saying I'm being rude to Isha by not meeting her till now. I sweetly wish both of them a very happy beginning and also talk with Isha's parents for few minutes. In all the chaos I can certainly feel someone else's happiness on my skin through out the entire party. Once everything is done, Shaurya left hurriedly leaving Isha, both his and her parents dumb struck at his arrogant attitude. Isha and I understand perfectly why he ran away like that, but their parents don't know about it, making them very worried. After the party ended I stayed back so I can freely talk with Isha. Ajay was adamant to take me back to my hostel but finally he gave in when I guilt tripped him by telling how Isha needs me and I'm her only friend and vice versa.

Her parents also left leaving us both to talk finally without any eavesdropping ears. Even before I ask her how she is she became a brawling little girl. Grabbing the alcohol she gave me another brief explanation of why their parents are rushing her engagement. The night when she left with Shaurya to her home, some paparazzi had clicked their making out photos. As if that's not enough they even blackmailed Isha's father with those photographs. That's the reason why her father cut shot his trip and came back home early. Though her parents didn't want her to know the actual truth, but after seeing her being so miserable for past few days they finally spilled the beans. That's why she was engaged in such hurried manner, to counter the paparazzi photographs.

By the end of her story I wished I had a drinking habit, so I can digest how cruel people in this world are. For just fast money those paparazzi spoiled two lives. But in the end I had a tiny hope that knowing Isha's nature I'm sure that she can make Shaurya fall for her. All I want is them to be happy, either married to each other or someone else. That's what I tell her, and I try my best to give her hope for her future, seeing how she has 3 more years before her marriage, in the mean time Shaurya will easily start loving her. More than how much he ever loved me.

Even my words have met with an utter dejection from her. I grab the alcohol glass from her hand a bit aggressively and tell her that she has exceeded her alcohol limits and I'm taking her home. I take her to her car and carefully put her inside and just as I turn around I was pulled back. It took me a second to understand what was happening. Isha is kissing me. Again. It took all in me not to push her away, seeing she is drunk as hell and she doesn't know what she is doing. Also part of me wishes she never thinks of me this way again. After getting no response from me, she pulled back and gave me a sad smile that tug my heart very painfully.

"Why should we both love you?" she asks, more likely to herself.

"Isha...." I call her in sad tone, but she brushes me off saying she wants to sleep. I drive her to her room and after making sure she is sleeping and in care of didi, I left from there. After walking aimlessly for few minutes I decide to go back to my room. I was halfway through to my hostel when my phone rang, giving me palpitations.