5.

Kei P.O.V

After we left the airport I dropped Jamie home and went to go check on Mrs. Espino and the twins.

I dapped the bodyguards before entering the house. The sweet scent of  spices filled the room causing me to smile. Boy how I missed her cooking. I could hear Xavier and Miguel fighting in the distance and Mrs. Espino yelling after them.

"Hey cut that shit out." I said parting them from beating on each other. These two are going to raise hell when they get older. Miguel was the fighter, the more aggressive one while Xavier will probably turn out to be a lover, winning and breaking females heart. I gave them one hundred dollars each to behave themselves for the reminder of the day. They agreed but we all know it won't last more than thirty minutes.

" Oh Kei thank goodness you're here. They are sending me loca!" She said giving me a kiss on either side of my cheek.

"Señor jesús ayúdame!" She said to herself as she went back to cooking. I laughed and sat on the stool while texting Mali letting her know I'm back home and I'll come get her later.

"How you been auntie?" I asked resting my phone back in my jeans pocket.

"Some days better than some. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Cap and not being able to have a proper funeral with her body in a casket." She turned to me with sadden eyes. I didn't have a response to that so I just nodded.

"You know Joe came by the other day and handed me a jar. He said Cap was burnt and handed me her ashes. Who would burn my baby? My little hija." Auntie began to cry as she held her face in her hands. I rushed over and held her tight allowing her to cry into my chest.

"The boys acting out because they lost Ramiro and now Cap. There's no father figure in their lives. I mean there is Efrain but you know him and Ramiro never really got along growing up. But I guess this is what I get for getting myself involved with someone in this kind of business. I just never thought they both would be gone so soon." She cried even harder as I rocked her from side to side still remaining quiet. I myself was on the verge of tears. I had lost my ride or die, the only person I trusted so the pain that Asia and auntie felt I  was feeling to.

"Promise me Kei you'll leave this business. I don't want to lose you to." She looked up at me. Tear drops stained her face and her brown eyes pleading to me. I didn't want to promise something I couldn't keep. My blood boiled for this type of lifestyle. I was made for this and I knew it. I love the power and respect people gave me.

"I can't promise you that auntie but I promise not to leave you and the boys. You don't have to worry about me. I'm smart and always two steps ahead of anybody that tries to come at me."  I assured her. Nobody was going to catch me slipping, I'm always on my toes. She shook her head and pushed me away lightly as she wiped her face with her apron.

"Go tell the boys to wash up, dinner will be ready soon." She said stirring the pot with spaghetti sauce. I nodded before heading for the stairs.

I opened the door to Xavier room where he was playing basketball on his PS4 and joined him.

"Come on lil nigga lemme whoop that ass right quick." I said picking  up the other controller.

"Pshh, you can't beat me."

"Oh yeah? Watch this!" I said dribbling the ball and shooting it in the basket.

We played until I let him win then told him to wash up and come down for dinner. I walked over to Miguel's room and he wasn't in there but his bathroom door was closed so I knocked on the door smelling the scent of weed and heard him coughing. I laughed and turned the knob but it was locked.