9.

*Asia P.O.V*

After I left work I decided to stop by Starbucks and grab me a caramel frappé. As I opened the door to walk out into the cold night I bumped into Belle.

 As I opened the door to walk out into the cold night I bumped into Belle

👆Belle👆

"Oh my god Asia, where have you been?" She asked with a smile while hugging me.

"Uhh, around." I shrugged smiling back at her.

"Around? It's like you fell off the face of the earth." She replied with a giggle as she stepped inside allowing the people behind her to pass.

"Well yeah, you can say something like that."

Belle was cool but I wasn't comfortable telling her business. Not that I don't trust her it's just that I prefer not to.

"Why you stopped dancing though?" 

I looked at her and shrugged once again before answering.

"My heart just wasn't in it anymore." I looked off into the distance and didn't even realised that I had zoned out until I heard her calling my name.

"Huh?"

"I said I'm sorry for your lost." She reached over to touch my hand. I looked down and slowly pulled away.

"Thanks."

"We should have coffee or chill sometime. We have so much catching up to do. I missed you." She said after a moment of silence hugging me tight as she swayed me from side to side.

"Yeah, okay sure." We released from the hug giving eachother a small smile.

"Oh shit I forgot. I'm having this house warming party Saturday night, you should come, it might cheer you up a bit. Bring whoever you like."

I nodded. Im really not in the mood for a party or anything else for that matter. I just want to stay in bed, buried under the covers forever  but I can't keep mopping around. I should try to live a little since killing myself wasn't an option anymore.

"You have the same number?" She asked pulling out her phone from her back pocket.

"No I don't."

She gave me her phone to put my new number in then I handed it back to her.

"Okay cool. I'll text you the address. It was great seeing you again." She leaned forward giving me a quick hug before walking off in the opposite direction.

8:52 p.m.

I'm standing in my kitchen having a glass of wine staring out the window over thinking my life. What I have gone through and how it is now. I went from leaving my parents house to doing something that I loved , to meeting someone I fell in love with to now this. Alone, hurt and bitter. I was angry with the world. I wanted to live again, to be myself again but then I didn't. Why should I be happy again? Everything I lived for was taken from me. Sigh.

"Fuck my life." I said to myself when my doorbell rang. Who could that be?

At the same time I looked at my phone and saw a text from Belle with her address and the time of the party. I threw my phone on the couch as I opened the door.

"Hey." Kei said walking past me.

"Hey. What you doing here?" I asked dryly walking past her to sit on the couch.

"Shouldn't you put some more clothes on?" She asked sitting near me.

"Booty shorts and a tank top is a lot of clothes."  I replied sipping my wine. She laughed and shook her head.

"You okay though?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed before turning to look at her.

"Why you feel the need to check up on me? Do you think I'm going to commit suicide again?"

"You my friend Asia and that's what friends do. No I don't think you'll try that again. I just like making sure you good." She said then handing me a wad of cash.

I looked at it then up at her.

"Why you giving me that?"

"Librarians here don't make much and since I have a shit load of money why not share it with my closest friend." She said with a smile.

"I make enough. I don't want your dirty money." I directed my attention back to the TV as I picked up my wine glass and sipped some more.

"You're very stubborn, you know that?"

"Yeah. Cap use to tell me that all the time." I smiled to myself remembering all those times she told me that.

"Shouldn't you be with Mali? You know she has a problem with you always checking on me."

"Ehh. She'll be ight." She shrugged. Her direction turned towards the TV.

"Why you kissed me though? It has been on my mind since that night." She asked breaking the silence.

"I don't even know. Cuz we both know I don't like you like that. We like sisters."

"True. Once we both clear that it meant nothing and we can move forward and forget bout it."

"Already forgotten." I said with a smile.

"Well damn. I thought my kisses was fire. I guess not then." She said playfully pouting. I laughed and pushed her hard almost making her fall off the couch.

Her phone rang and she answered it on the second ring. I already knew it was business by her tone of voice and how her attitude changed from happy to pissed.

"I gotta go. Call if you need me." She kissed my forehead and rest the wad of cash on the table before standing.

"I told you I don't want that." I said standing with her as I picked it up handing it to her but she refused to take it walking past me out the front door.

"Keep it. You need to buy you some longer clothes!" She yelled as she got in the car and sped off. I sighed closing the door behind me and walked into the kitchen to put the money in an old empty can.

If Kei keeps this up I'ma need to buy me a safe.

I opened my laptop scrolling through my emails to see if I had any from the jobs I applied to a week ago but there was none. Instead I had an email from Amanda which had me curious because my sister and I don't really talk.

5:32 p.m.

Hi Asia,

I don't know if you still use this email address but I need to come stay with you for awhile. Daddy kicked me out when he found out I was pregnant. Can you please call me. I have nowhere to go..my stupid ex boyfriend left when he found out.

Love,
Amanda.

I sighed as I buried my face in my hands. Can things get any worse?

I called her and told her I'll book her flight and send the ticket for her. Yeah, we never got along growing up but she's my blood and she needs my help I can't turn my back on my pregnant seventeen year old sister then I'll be just like my parents. I never want to be like them, I'm ashamed to even call myself a McKenzie. I closed my laptop and called it a night.