7.

Caprice a.k.a Cap Espino

I walked out the bathroom and came face to face with her but suddenly felt a stinging sharp pain in my shoulder. Did this nigga really shot me?

"Nigga you shot me!!" I yelled at her in shock while putting pressure on my wound with my other hand staring at her like she had lost her fucking mind.

"So you just gonna stand there and stare? Help me take the bullet out mane." I walked back into her bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit laying everything on the bed as I removed my shirt.

"What the fuck Cap! You alive!" She finally spoke after what seemed like forever of silence. She rushed over and hug me tightly hurting my shoulder in the process.

"Ouch dawg!" I winced in pain and pushed her off.

"Wait. How? I watched you die bro. Asia did to. How is it even possible?" She asked looking at me confused. My heart warmed when I heard Asia's name. I haven't seen her in three months and I missed her like crazy. I just want to hold her and never let go.

"How is she though?" I asked with a slight smile as Kei got ready to take the bullet out.

"Not good bruh. I mean she's doing okay since we got her out the hospital." Kei said now taking the bullet out. I had stuffed my shirt into my mouth to prevent myself from screaming because this shit hurt like hell.

I sighed loudly because I had already known Asia had overdosed after my "death" and was in a coma.

"It kills me everyday to know that she did that. I'm just happy she's alive, I don't know what I would've done if she died because of me."  I said looking at Kei stitching up my wound. My dad thought us both how to cure a gun shot wound if it wasn't fatal.

"Yeah. Now tell me how the fuck you alive!?" She asked now leaning against the wall with her arms folded across her chest.

"I don't know what happened but after y'all left my eyes shut open and I was gasping for air. Yeah I got shot in my leg and chest but it didn't hit any organs. I couldn't move but I could hear and I over heard a male voice but two foot steps followed by single gun shots. I think they were making sure everyone was dead. I heard them coming closer to me so I closed my eyes then felt my body dragging onto the coldness of the ground outside. He began pouring gasoline on me but the cops came and he ran off. I blacked out after that then woke up in the hospital hand cuffed to the bed."

"Oh wow. How you got out the hospital?" Kei said as she waited for more.

"Well you know me, I waited until the cop that was guarding came in my room because I told him I needed to confess something so when he came closer I  knocked him out with my bed pan, stole the key then ran for dare life." I said laughing as I rolled up.

"So pause. Who knows you're alive exactly?" Kei asked trying to figure everything out.

"Joe, detective Carter, doc and now you." I said taking a long drag then passing it to her. She took it and I can tell she was still confused. I swear Kei ass is slow sometimes.

"So Joe and Carter lied to me?" She said handing it back to me as she blow smoke into the air.

"Well yeah, I don't want anybody knowing I'm alive until I catch whoever tried to burn my fucking body and gut them and they whole fucking family. Coños!"

"Well at least something was kinda true, someone did try to burn you. " Kei chuckled to herself and I punched her arm.

"Nigga that ain't funny." I said laughing a little with her.

"At least Asia isn't here so I won't put her in any more danger." I said smiling knowing that she's alive and safe. I would've definitely killed myself for real if she died.

"Uhh, she'll be back here tomorrow, things ain't go so well with her and her pops." Kei said sitting next to me. I put my head in my hands and sighed loudly.

"Mane I fucking hate her parents yo." I said through gritted teeth. Her parents was the worst, I swear if they wasn't her parents I would've killed them, well just her dad. I hated him the most.

"I need to take care of this without her finding out. I've been trying for the past three months and got nowhere. Whoever it was is hiding behind someone, I can feel it. Like a Joz type situation but I don't know." I said scratching my head.

"Ima help you, you already know." Kei said as she dap me.

"Nah, I got this. I need you do something else for me." I said my eyes low and voice raspy.

"What bro? Anything."

"Watch over Asia like you been doing. If word gets out I'm alive they gonna go after her too. Everyone in this business knows she's my heartbeat."

"So you really not going to tell her? Not even auntie?"

"I'm not telling no one else and neither are you." I shot her a death stare and she raised her hands up in surrender.

"Make sure she gets better, it'll hurt me to see her looking any differently than she did when I met her." I laid back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I wanted nothing more than to talk to her, see her smile ,make love to her and hold her close to me never letting go but I can't, at least not right now until I take care of this mess. She's been through enough. She'll probably hate me when she finds out I've been alive all this time and kept it a secret from her but I'll deal with the repercussions later.

"Well sorry to burst ya bubble but she doesn't look the same. I mean, she still pretty in the face but she's gotten very thin and her whole demeanour is different." Kei shook her head before looking at me.

"I know this whole thing fucked her up mentally and physically. That's why I need you to take care of her for me until this is over." I said to her with pleading eyes.

"Okay, I got you. You know she's gonna hate you when she finds out you alive right?" Kei said walking out her room with me following behind.

"Yeah but I rather her hate me than hurt because of my situation." I stated honestly as I watched Kei open the fridge.

"Dawg, why is there no food in my fridge?" She said slamming the door.

"Cuz I ate it all. Duhhh!!" I rolled my eyes and walked over to the living room. She jumped on my back and tackled me to the ground , punching me in the ribs playfully. I flipped her over and we began to wrestle until she had me in a headlock. Once she finally let go we laid on the floor laughing our asses off.

"I missed you mane." She said to me once our laughter's stopped.

"I missed you to bro." I held up my fist for her to dap.

"This whole keeping you a secret from everyone is gonna be hard."

"I know but you can do it." I smiled at her.

"So how's business boss?" I said jokingly giving her a smirk.

"Fuck you dawg. You back, that's your empire now." She stated the obvious.

"Nah, keep holding things down. When I'm ready I'll take over, you the boss now boss." I punched her arm and she laughed. She got up from the floor and helped me up.

"You know you gotta buy me groceries right? Since you staying here and eating up my shit." She said hooking up the PS4  and passing me a controller.

"Nope. I can't be seen remember ." I stuck my tongue out at her as we began playing football until we got tired and went to bed.