Spamano Part One: Mystery Box

" Senor Vargas! Please may I have seconds?" loudly asked a rather chubby ten-year-old boy.

Lovino looked up with a raised eyebrow, "Huh?" 

Abruptly a voice chuckled behind him as he smiled, "Si, one-second bowl of soup coming right up little niñito~"

Lovino glanced at the Spanish man that was in a white, rather used, apron. His messy brown hair was covered by a simple baseball cap that had the Spain football league logo pressed onto it. Placing a hand on his waist while the other held a metal ladle.

Sighing out loud, "Hahh...Antonio, you know that Father Mendez said no seconds. They only get so many food deliveries, not to mention the number of children seemed to have grown more so lately."

Antonio handed the new bowl of soup to the little Latino boy, watching him walk towards the table he spoke in a low and gentle voice. " Lovi, there is no need to worry."

"What? who is worried-?" started Lovino only to be quieted as Antonio added, "-I made a promise to you. Remember? that no matter what, I would make sure the children of this church will not starve."

Lovino eyed Antonio before turning away from the large group of kids in the eating hall. Folding his arms across his chest he sighed softly and gazed at the floor with a saddened expression from a sad memory of his past. Before Antonio came along as a high schooler attending for service hours to graduate, the churches current orphans were, in fact, doing so poorly even their portions were cut in half. Some had to skip out just so the younger children could get the food they needed. Had it not been for Antonio, Lovino himself surely would've starved to death due to feeding his younger brother Feliciano.

Antonio scooted closer to him and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder before playfully messing with his hair. " Ah, perdóname Lovi. I did not mean for you to remember such sad memories."

Lovino gazed at the Spaniard from the corner of his olive green eyes and gave a small grin, some reassurance.

"Don't worry idiota. I have grown up quite a bit since I was a small boy." Lovino smugly stated.

Antonio smiled a little more and leaned in closer, whispering in a low voice as if making sure no one but Lovi could hear. "To be honest, If it were just the two of us right now, I would comfort you with a kiss."

Lovino blushed lightly at the thought and shook his head, " Antonio Fernandez Carriedo! We are in a church!" Lovino shout-whispered.

Antonio giggled a little at the Italians' reaction. He placed his hand on top of Lovi's and shrugged, " No need to be so embarrassed Lovi, we are married."

Lovino clicked his tongue and lightly hit Antonio's butt with the back of his hand. " Tch, Stop it."

Antonio chuckled once more, while both began to clean up the dishes as well as place leftover food in their specific containers. Antonio lugged heavier pots and pans into the kitchen so they could get cleaned, and Lovino was busy wiping children's' faces, particularly the younger kids and wiping the tables down. Once they were finished, they removed the aprons and turned off the lights to the kitchen and dining hall, walking towards the church door Antonio pulled on his coat and started to wrap a scarf around Lovino who stood still waiting for him to finish.

"Still raining si?" asked Lovino.

Antonio grunted in response and grabbed the umbrella that they had shared while coming to the church earlier. Opening the door he stuck the umbrella out first while the two men followed it at Antonio raised it up. Walking down the sidewalk of the heavy rained Italian city, the two huddled close together. The small trip was followed by a small rant of complaints by Lovino. Not that Antonio minded, it was one of the many things that made him love the Italian.