RoChu Part Three: All These Years

Yao was busy cleaning the entire house including bedrooms for the guests that would be coming for such an auspicious event as (f/n)'s birthday. he could hear his phone go off in his back pocket, quickly answering the phone and looking at the caller ID before smiling.

"Ni Hao?!" he answered.

(f/n) said her greetings back on the other end of the line, when suddenly Yao burst with many questions for her.

"Have you been eating well? How is university going? Have you been studying? Any boys I should know...or girls?" 

(f/n) face heated up a little before she cleared her throat and hummed in thought, answering each question with either a yes or no answer. As for the boy/ girl part, she smiled into the phone and answered happily. " There is someone...That I want you to meet when I get home Ba."

Yao tensed up slightly at her last reply and sighed before lowering himself down onto the chair, " Aiya~ your papa isn't going to be happy about that news." 

"Mm, yeah I know...speaking of which where is everyone else?" (f/n) questioned.

Normally when she would phone home, the phone would be fought over by her siblings and parents too. So this was a rare occurrence. The line remained silent for a long moment before he sheepishly answered while rubbing the back of his neck, " Ah...well. They are all waiting to pick you up at the station."

There was a second of silence before a loud thumping sound and some scrambling that followed. (f/n)'s apologetic words would be heard from the phone before she brought it up and frantically demanded, " Why did you let them all go to get me!? do you know how bad they get!? Ba!" (f/n) wined in the phone. 

Yao sighed, remembering coincidentally how they were when she was asked on her first date in high school. Death threats were mentioned, as well as scare tactics were used on the poor boy. It wasn't a pretty sight to watch, to say the least.

Yao did his best to change the conversation a little bit, " S-So, What is this young man's name?"

"Ah, sorry Ba my train is pulling into the station, I'll see you soon! Zaijian~!" she quickly ended the call leaving Yao to mumble a curse word in annoyance before hanging up and quickly finishing up his cleaning. 

As the speeding train slowed to a stop at the station, (f/n) grabbed her large suitcase and looked up at her 'senpai' and smirked. He returned the smile and grabbed his bags before speaking up.

"Shouldn't I take your bags for you? that would seem less suspicious," he added.

(f/n) nodded at the idea and let him take it before the doors opened and she stepped off. She looked around the large place that was swarming with the soon to be rush hour folk. It almost didn't look the same from four years ago. Glancing back at her senpai she smiled, " Thanks again for helping me out. I really do owe-"

He pressed his finger up to her lips which made her go silent. He shook his head silently and leaned in, "You are one of my closest underclassmen. And besides, you explained your reasons. Do you think he will be arriving as well?"

(F/n) shrugged and placed on her sunglasses and a scarf around her neck. " I'm not exactly sure. It's up to fate for things to fall into place. Whether I do end up running into him or not." She started to walk forward as her shoes tapped on the tile flooring of the train station. She made it to the ticket areas and looked up to see her Tall father talking to the others who were bickering amongst one another holding a large sign. The moment Mei glanced up to check once more her eyes widened even more from excitement as she called out to (f/n).

"(F/n)-xiaojie!" Mei called out.

Instantly all four men look up and smiled at (f/n) before those warm smiles turned into distasteful glares at (f/n)'s poor senpai. He flinched a little when he noticed and leaned in towards (f/n) as they stopped for a second.