Chapter 6 : oh boy

Adrianna POV

I now walked along at a slow pace , my long strong legs keeping me head of the small ponies.
I was currently dipping my head lazily , as weariness took over.
I had been walking all day and was ready to drop. As night approached,
I snorted my annoyance and my payers were answer.

"Whoa! We will camp here for tonight" Thorin said patting my neck , as I lay down allowing him to dismount with the others.
The moment he was off , I shifted. I sat where I was , rubbing my sore back and legs. I saw Gandalf chuckle and I scowled at him.

"If you think this if so funny old man , care to give me a back massage , or better yet carry me on your back for the remainder of the day?!" I yelled at him , sending everyone ( except the stern Thorin ) into laugher.

Soon we were all set up in the clearing at the edge of the trees.
I sat close to the fire ,staring intently into it as the others joked and laughed as the food cooked.
I was back in my armour , as I no longer needed to show my markings.
I had my hood pulled up from habit , so I jumped when Gandalf sat down beside me and pulled it down.

"You no longer need to hide your face Adrianna . Oh and does your back still ache? This may help." He said , placing a hand on the back of my neck and letting magic flow through it.
I sighed as warmth eased all the aches and pain I had.
I would sleep peacefully tonight.

Soon dinner was gone and I retreated to my bed roll early.
Even with Gandalf's help , I was still tired and dearly needed sleep.
I lay on my back , gazing at the stars and thinking of Bain and our mother.
Slowly , as I listened to the sounds of merry dwarfs , my eyelids drooped and darkness became me.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

"Hey Gandelf " I heard Bofur say , pronouncing Gandalf's name wrong " do think if I poured water on Adrianna -"

"Don't evan think about it master dwarf" I growled,my tired eyes still closed.
Gandalf chuckled at my response.

" I do believe ,Bofur, that if you did ...it would be the last thing you do " he said puffing on his pipe.
I opened my eyes , only to close them as the bright dawn assaulted my pupils .
I groaned , but then smelt food and sat bolt up.
The dwarfs sat round the fire , making breakfast.
I saw Kili going towards the horses with apples , and my eyes lit up.

" Kili!" I yelled , catching the young dwarfs attention " I've been a good horse too !"
Kili laughed and chucked me an apple , which I instantly bit into. I munched happily.
When I had been in one form so often ,the traits of that animal became most prominent so today I preferred apples over meat. I finished my apple then cleaned myself up , whilst the rest of the dwarfs ate breakfast.

Too soon it was time to move on. Once again , Thorin was riding me whilst bilbo changed to another little pony called : Nibble.
Once again Thorin and I lead the company , as I seemed to be the quickest walker and well...Thorin was the actual leader.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

As the day went on , It got progressively hot . To the point that I had white sweat starting to foam on my glossy coat , and my flowing mane now stuck to my neck.
Thankfully Gadalf noticed and decided to wait in the shade of some trees so us horses wouldn't collapse.
The horses where munching grass as our company went around there business , sharpening blades etc ( or in Ori's case writing).
I was so hot that I had had to take off my cloak and breast plate , so I wouldn't cook.
Thorin , to say the least, was not happy about this set back and kept mumbling to himself and about 'damn horses and crazy old wizards '.
I watched as bilbo walked up to Gandalf and spoke to him. I decided to listen

"Gandalf -"bilbo asked In a hopeful voice "- I was wondering ... If i could just have a small look in the woods ,to find some herbs and maybe some fruit?"
Gandalf looked down at bilbo and nodded , then went back to smoking his pipe like the others.
I watched as bilbo walked off into the forest alone .

'Oh boy'

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~