Chapter 7 : damn , bloody bears

Adrianna POV

I looked around the small gathering of people and realised our little hobbit was missing.

'He hasn't come back from the forest' I thought with concern and stood up .

"Gandalf!" I quietly called to the wizard as to not disturb the snoozing dwarfs who had dosed of in the heat.

"Bilbo has not returned from the woods , and I grow worried." I said , looking behind me into the woods. But it was Thorin who answered me.

"Indeed. Get up and find him , the poor idiot may be stuck in a tree or something" he sneered in a careless manor ,though I must say I agreed with him.
I turned into a silver fawn-fox and trotted off into the forest in search of our burglar.
To my amusement , he was indeed stuck up a tree.
I sat below him and looked up with interest of what he was doing.
I decided to ask , so I shifted back and stood with my hands on my hips.

"Bilbo , what on bloody middle-earth do you think your doing!?" I yelled , scaring the poor (white as a sheet) hobbit.
He looked down at me , eyes wide.

"B-bear , brown bear!" He yelped , clinging to the tree with all his might.

As if on call , a bear roared behind me, making me tense.
I growled deep in my chest in reply .

" bilbo -" I said facing the bear " when you see a chance to run , go back to the dwarfs , I will meet you there"

I shifted into a large black wolf as the bear lunged and crashed into me with its great weight. In a battle of strength the bear would win , I had to use another tactic. Speed. I yelped as one of my ribs snapped.
I turned and sank my teeth into the bears shoulder, and held it. The bear roared then threw me off , sending me into a tree. My left back ankle broke but I pushed my self back up and bared my teeth, ready to attack.
The bear came at me again ,but raised his head slightly exposing his neck.
I took the opportunity to grab the exposed point and sink my teeth in. Blood rushed into my mouth as the bear thrashed , but I didn't let go until it stilled. I slowly got up and limped back to the others , my wounds bleeding.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Before I walked out into the clearing , I shifted back.
I reared back on my hind paws the changed , resulting In me falling to my knees.
I used a near by tree to help myself up again.
I was thankful I only had on my white blouse and trousers, any more and I wouldn't have been able to walk.
I limped out of the trees , and the dwarfs instantly caught sight of me.
I saw a frantic bilbo come running towards me, worry on his face.

"A-are you alright ?! " He asked panting as he approached me , I grimaced in reply.

I ignored the worried hobbit and staggered towards the others , in need of medical assistance.
I reached them , and fell down on my butt hard. I sighed and let my head fall back to lean of the log behind me.

"Damn ,bloody bears" I growled ,earning some worried glances.

"Gandalf , I don't suppose you could heal me , could you ? As much fun as this is , I'd rather not remain this way." I chuckled , but whined at my broken rib.
Gandalf sighed and pushed me on my back with the hilt of his staff.

"How do you always manage to be the one getting hurt Adrianna? For gods sake child , get some self control" He chuckled , muttering something I couldn't understand.

"What can I say, it's a talent" I mutter , closing my eyes.
I yelp as an almighty crack announced my ribs and foot fixing themselves.
I saw some of the dwarfs flinch back at the noise , eyes wide, bilbo visibly pale.
I slowly sat up , stretching my limbs and grimacing.

"Thank you , now shall we be off ?" I said cheerfully , wandering over to my possessions with a slight limp.
I heard some of the dwarfs laugh.

'I'm glad you find this so funny' I though scowling.

"You are in no fit state to travel right away!" Thorin grumbled , appearing beside me as I attached my cloak.

"We shall rest here tonight and continue again a first light" he said , so everyone could hear. I nodded my thanks , and sat down , leaning against my pack.

"There's a dead bear nearby if anyone's interested!" I called , trying to keep the mood happy.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~