Chapter 32 : Now we can go!

Adrianna POV

Beorn had been right , the dawn had been upon us faster then I liked , announcing my night had been spent curled up with Thorin head in my lap , thinking. His presence calmed me , but I was still shaken from my encounter with Bain. I had been cowering beside Thorin since it happened , avoiding questions and such. A tabby cat was settle led beside me , purring as I stroked her soft, thick fur. Giant , fuzzy bumble bees kept flying around the head of the company , before going about their business. It was calming to be around animals. It reminded me of my time at Radagast's , the smell of hay and animals wafting around me. I had been think about my vision of hearing Azog and...the mists voices. War will be upon upon us? An Army lead by Azog? Did anything good ever happen? I had concluded that the onyx shard had some how connected me to the black void I had been surrounded by. But how? I was interrupted by Thorin stirring from his sleep. I looked down at him , marvelling in his features. His eyes opened , to reveal ice blue orbs gazing up at me. I became entranced with his eyes , forgetting everything else.

"Good morning" he growled , his voice deep , rich and gravely. I smiled down at him , my eyes flickering to a near by bee.

"Yes , yes it is " I replied softy , looking at him again.

After a while of sitting there , we got up and woke the others. To my surprise , Thorin told us to let bilbo sleep , his voice soft and kind. Beorn was in his kitchen , making breakfast. I could hear as he poured milk into jugs and cut bread. I could smell the sweet honey in a pot on the table. Even thinking about food made my mouth water. We all sat down , scoffing down the food like we had not been fed in weeks. The tabby cat from before , curled up on my lap , purring as I stroked her soft fur again. I had always had a thing with cats. They were graceful creatures that could be formidable hunters or loving animals. I smiled fondly as she dozed of. The animals were wandering around ; mice and birds kept perching on my shoulders , nibbling my ears or hair gently. I ate slowly , wavering the taste of honey , milk , cheese and bread. Thorin sat to my left , whilst Bofur sat on my right.

"So you are the one they call Oakenshield. Tell me, why is Azog the Defiler hunting you?" Beorn growled at Thorin , once he had finished making breakfast. I stiffened as he addressed Thorin , a small growl escaping me in warning to Beorn. The others didn't notice

"You know of Azog? How?" Thorin asked , putting down his glass of milk. I noticed bilbo joining he table , taking a seat beside kili.

" My people were the first to live in the mountains, before the Orcs came down from the north. The Defiler killed most of my family, but some he enslaved. Not for work, you understand, but for sport. Caging skin-changers and torturing them seemed to amuse him." Beorn snarled , resurfacing my memory of Bain's mutated body last night. I closed my eyes.

"There are others like you? I thought Adrianna was the last? " bilbo asked perplexed.

"Once there were many..." Beorn said sadly , both of us remembering our kin.

"And now?" Bilbo asked , but I answered him.

" Now there're only two... "

"You need to reach the mountain before the last days of autumn." Beorn stated , changing the painful subject.

"Before Durin's Day falls, yes." Gandalf cut in , getting to business.

"You are running out of time." Beorn muttered , filling up kili's cup.

" Which is why we must go through Mirkwood." Gandalf told him , to the company this was new news.

"A darkness lies upon that forest, foul things creep beneath those trees. There is an alliance between the Orcs of Moria and The Necromancer in Dol Guldur. I would not venture there, except in great need." Beorn warned , picking up the sleeping cat from my lap. I scowled at the loss of warmth.