Chapter 26 : winged individual

Adrianna POV

"* Fuss volass , degoo hestat. Ne-agoo nemon trekal o-zat *" a deep monotone voice muttered.

I found myself in a dry cave , with no exits or tunnels. It was simply a round cave. The one source of light came from a blazing fire in the centre of the cavern , which seemed to make the shadows dance. My gaze locked onto a dark figure crouching beside the fire , his back turned.

I knew who this man was , just by his silhouette ; his wings extending around him.
This was Dariel.
Dariel continued his chanting , thought I wasn't foolish , he knew I was here.
But where was here? My eyes flickered around once more , observing the shadows.

" Nothing here will hurt you , fear not child " a deep voice belonging to Dariel said softly , drawing my attention to the angelic being. He still had his back to me , but the chanting had ceased leaving an eerie silence.

"Join me by the fire , child , let us discuss " Dariel spoke softly , but with a hint of authority. I did as I was told , and sat across from him on the sand covered floor. Dariel had his black tattered hood pulled up so I could not see his face.
His tanned muscled chest was bare ; ethereal runes were tattooed in black ink on his rib-cage. The end of his shredded cloak reached the top on his leather black worn out trousers ; his feet were unclad. He sat with one leg drawn towards his chest , an arm resting on his knee , carelessly , and the other curled loosely before him. His onyx wings fluttered slightly , as if getting comfortable , before a dead silence began again. The only sound was the fire crackling loudly between us.The silence became defending , so I drew a breath to speak, but I was cut off.

" Before you start asking aimless questions , let me try to answer them. No , you are not dead. Dying , yes , but not dead. We're are inside your mind , but this place is of my own creation. Your...friends are safe , as are you. We are here because I wanted to talk , and no , you can only go when we are finished." He told me softly , his lips barely moving.

I paused , before a thought came to mind. Bain.

" Why can I see him , why does he follow me after death? Why is he not at peace?" I growled , knowing full-well he knew I meant Bain.

" Ah yes , that was a little...gift , shall we say , from me. He follows you because he wanted to and he's not at peace because of you." Dariel spoke (just above a whisper) pointing a finger at me.

'Me? A gift?'

Anger bubbled within me ; images of the pain of seeing Bain and the torment of seeing the blood , his...corpse. I looked at Dariel , my eyes full of hate.

"You call this a gift , being taunted day and night? How am I the cause to his pain after death , why is he not at peace?!" I snarled , my eyes flashing. I regretted it instantly.

Dalriel's lips hardened and his jaw clenched. The fire roared green , darkening the ominous cave further. In a flash , Dariel stood snarling ; he extended his huge wings to their full length , like black flags. In one smooth movement , he pulled down his hood. His cloak seemed to dissolve and become no more then shreds of black fabric clinging to his wings , chest and shoulders. For the first time , I saw his face.

It was contorted into an angered snarl , his fanged teeth showing. He had a handsome face with strong features , but none of this drew my attention. His unkept raven hair fell just above his eyes , framing them. His eyes were what enraptured me. They were stormy sterling , with flecks of icy white and black within them. They were the glowing silver duplicate of my own angered eyes.

" Do not disrespect my gift , my will be done! Insolent fool , it is a gift to be cherished. Do not defy me young one , for it will bring your end!" Dariel roared , causing the cave to shudder , as if it was afraid of his wrath.