Activity Log 2: Failure and Success pt.2

? POV

I'm in a forest, I hear nothing but the music of nature itself, whispering through my ears. Smelling the air was a different story. I can sense my carbon dioxide exiting my airways and the trees around me absorb it, exchanging the carbon with pure oxygen. That wasn't the only thing I smell, the grass with its fresh scent in the morning and water droplets on each strain of grass I feel between my toes, the smell of a nearby waterfall dropping tens of gallons per second of fresh water. I feel peaceful, like there's nothing in the world that can ruin this moment.

3rd POV

"DONE!" shouted the female scientist, hours after hours from attaching new limbs to reconstructing the brain and enhancing it. The general went into the operating room with a big smile on his face, an indication of satisfaction. "YES! I knew you could do it! You don't need him to be a fox! They're small, weak, unintelligent, mouse digging creatures." exclaimed the general. "What are you talking about? Where not even close to finish." added the British surgeon. What she said left the general dumbfounded. "Wait, what? But you said 'done!'. Doesn't that mean we're actually finished with the operation?" Asked the general. "We're not even close to done. We were doing the stitching of the limbs and connecting the nerves. If we raise him now, he'll die." said the German surgeon.

"Okay, so what do we do next?" he asked. "We created the wolf serums that will be injected into his body. If the cells and the DNA from the serum bonds well with his, he'll transform into a humanoid wolf as you expected." said the Japanese biologist. "But if we don't? What will happen to him?" This made the whole room silent. "Well sir, to put it in perspective, have you seen The Hulk?" He nodded. "Then picture him as an even wilder beast than the Hulk, because he'll tear everyone he sees or in his way. As if he can beat every comic book hero into shreds like pulled pork. We knew this from the simulation and the fact that this situation might happen, so we created another serum that will transform him into something else and override his heartbeat to relax. However, you might not like the animal of choice." "Wait, don't tell me it's..." he was cut off by everyone else in the room. "A FOX."

"ALRIGHT!!" exclaimed the female scientist. "The more we talk, the more time we waste. So, back to your stations and let's continue this procedure." she added. "YES, MA'AM!" replied everyone. They grabbed the IVs which is filled with the serum, necessary to make Eli half human and half wolf, thus finishing the procedure. However, they have to inject those into his spinal area, meaning they have to flip him over. Eli's weight was at least 72 kilograms before the operation, but with the newly attached limbs, his weight is currently around 90 to 100 kilos.

"Get ready for injection. Set, inject!" Said the British surgeon. The serum went into his blood stream, entered his heart and then to the finally reconstructed brain. His heart then beat faster, along with everyone else in the room. Eli's body started to shake mildly moments later. The general doesn't even know what's happening to Eli, so he asked. "What's going on? Why is he shaking? Is he gonna die? Is this part of the procedure? Why aren't you answering me? Is it becau-" "SHUT UP!" Yelled the surgeons.

"This was supposed to happen, his nerves are connecting to the ones on the legs and tail. His body will soon be covered with fur and his snout will begin to form as well." the scientist explained. Unexpectedly, the shaking started to get even rough, but the fur and snout had finally formed. Unfortunately, his ribs, arms, legs and tail was growing as well. "Well, this wasn't supposed to. Quick, get the serum!"