Activity Log 22: Hidden Pasts

3rd POV

“Where… Where am I?”, he wondered, looking around him only to see that he’s in a field of tall grass. He stood up taller, finding out that the field ends with dozens of tall trees that soared high with branches and leaves that covered every light the sun shined. He decided to walk into the deep forest, wanting to know what lies beneath its darkness. Once he’s met between the two different environments, he felt a rush of cold wind blow his fur covered body. The feeling of uneasiness, of fear, yet familiar. He took another step and found out that the trees have gone gray, leaves start to fall and decay, branches can be heard snapping from the bodies of the trees as they fall with them. It felt like death. He start to hear screams of pain and agony, filling his eardrums with the sounds of his victims. They cried and begged him to stop. He laid on the ground, doing the same, not knowing what they are talking about. He felt a surge of energy start to flow through his body. His eyes, glowing blue light, filled the dark forest as sparks of electricity flow around him. He screamed louder and louder, feeling the painful phenomenon as the sparks engulfed the leaves beneath him. He had to release it. It was too much. A loud scream exited from his lungs, a burst of energy shot out of his body, causing everything in his surroundings to turn to ashes.

HE AWAKENS

His eyes shot up, glowing red to back to his normal blue. He looked around, seeing that there are hospital equipment such as a heart monitor, the bed he’s sitting on and the curtains which have burn marks across, causing the air to smell like burnt toast. “Blyat… That was a close one!”

Eli heard a voice coming from under the bed. He looked to find the source, also finding the doctor. She stood up, putting the defibrillators down and wiped her forehead. She took out Eli’s folded clothes and set them down on the nightstand. He looked at her, hoping she would give him some explanations. Instead, she took out a flask and started drinking from it. Eli just sat there, waiting for a response. He kindly clears his throat to catch her attention as she was still looking away from him, drinking the alcoholic beverage from the flask.

“Excuse me, doc?”, he finally said something. She quickly turned to him and his her flask. She cleared her throat, “Yes! Ahem… How are you?!”. Eli startled from her shout, raising his fur. “Uhm… Where am I?”, he asked while relieving the strain of his shoulder. “A hospital, of course.”, she replied in a half-drunken tone. Of course Eli knew he’s in a hospital, but where.

“Of course I know that, but where?”, he asked again. But before the doctor could answer, a familiar voice was heard outside the curtains. “Doc, how is he?”, the cowgirl asked. Eli smiled as he was relieved after knowing that Mary was there. The doctor answered, “Fox is fine, but don’t get him stabbed again. Caused curtains to be burned.”

“Burned? You mean I caused that?”, he asked, raising an eyebrow. The doctor nodded while opening the said curtains, letting his cowgirl friend to see him. She took a good look at him to see what the Russian did, only seeing bandages rolled around his abdomen, which is where the knife was located. “How ya feelin'?”, she asked, putting her hand on her hip. “Not too bad, had better wake ups.”, he answered with a joke. He turned back to the doctor with a serious look.

“Doctor, you said I caused the burning of the curtains. Mind being more elaborate?”, he asked sincerely. The Russian takes a sip of her flask and puts it back into her pocket. “Well, you start squirming, muttering, talking all nonsense, then electricity! Pow! Krack!”, she imitated the sounds. “Then BPM raised to 999, thinking that machine malfunctioned, broken, then WHOOSH!!! Blue ring expands from fox's body, expanded and hit, burning the curtains!”

Eli was in disbelief, trying to wonder if the doctor is actually telling the truth or just overly drunk. Mary patted her back, “I think you drank to much, doc. Maybe lay it off for a while, 'kay?”. The doctor sighed, “Kitty maybe right…”

Later…

Eli walked out of the hospital and stretched. After explaining Korra about what may have happened to Eli in the doctor’s words, she started wondering about it. Mary went to handle some errands while Eli drove to the teppanyaki restaurant to grab a meal since being on the hospital bed for almost 24 hours gave him an appetite.

TO BE CONTINUED