Activity Log 12: Sisters and a Race

3rd POV
"What are you-... Alright, let me stop you there.", Eli said in exhaustion still from the troublesome he went through. "Who is she and why are you back?!", he shouted.

"Oh? This is-", Nikki was caught off by the about to be introduced person. "Kiki, nice to meet ya!", she interrupts. Eli still doesn't get the full information. So he asks again. "And you are...?". Kiki finds his question offensive. How could he not see the pattern.

"Wha-? I'm Nikki's sister! Can't you see the pattern here?!", she shouted. "So? I couldn't care less if you two are related.", Eli said in truth. All he wanted was to get dressed and call it a day. "What do you want at...", he looks at the hallway's digital clock to look at the time. "...2232 hours anyway? Oh, and that's 10:32 PM in military.", Eli added.

"Oh? Does grandpa need to take his nap? Haha! Funny.", Kiki mocked.

"For your information, yes, I am considered to be far more older than a grandpa because; A, I was born in the year 888 and was gifted, which makes me... how old?" 1274 years "Right, and B, I was asleep for 124 years and woke up to a fucking shit show, also known as your sister's murder of my FUCKING friend!", he shouted.

"He was a robot and I find that shit hard to believe!", Nikki stated with frustration. "He was human to me! Units like him can't be replaced due to their human realistic emotions and decisions! He wasn't only programmed to take care of me, but also chose to!", tears start to run down his cheeks. "No matter the cause.", he added in a trembling tone.

"'Oh no! My robot friend died because he chose to protect forever. Waa!'. Oh, grow the fu-", she was then interrupted by her sister again. This time, in a serious manner. "That's enough, big sis. Don't make things worse. Just apologize so we can go home." "Now way! I'm not gonna let some old sneeky, low life fox get away, sound asleep with valuable things in his hands and not giving us a chance to steal th-"

"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH!! You've been acting really irresponsible lately and I'm not gonna let this sort of problem happen again! You need to STOP thinking about yourself and start acting like your age.", Kiki stated. "I could start acting like my age if only Hitari chose ME to be the leader, but no! I'm the oldest one! I should be in charge of the gang! Eli!", Nikki calls for his attention.

"You. Me. Race. Canyons. Tonight. I win, I get to keep the guns here. You win, I can't.", she demanded. "Now hold on a sec-", her sister then gets caught off by Eli. "Deal, but it's too dangerous, it's too dark and cold outside for you to drive. I say in the morning, 0700 hours. You all can crash here tonight."

"No, tonight or I'll get the guns.", she denied.

"No, tomorrow morning or we get lost and get hurt.", Eli reassures her.

"Fine! Where do we sleep?", Nikki asks. He gives a thought and answers, "You and Kiki can sleep in the room next to me, Manny and Jerry can sleep with me. Korra will keep an eye on you. The AI if you're wondering.".

Later, the girls undressed to their underwear while Manny and Jerry are in their boxers and tang top. Leaving Eli with Under Armour tang top and shorts, courtesy of the facility. The guests are admired by the surprisingly big bedroom, considering it's a military.

However, Manny was still wondering from the agreement Eli and Nikki made for the race. "Hey, Eli?", he asks.

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering. When you said, 'we get hurt', do you mean her? Because I'm pretty sure you were going to use Korra to navigate you in the canyons. Depends on the car you'll be driving." "I was, but it's better to ruin someone's life than to lose it. Because if you ruin it, there's a chance you can fix it. Lose it, you won't be able to replace it. Life is too precious to lose. It's best to cherish every moment of positivity than thinking about the negative past."

"However, you can only learn it to prevent it from happening again. I lost Robert's life, the robot, because I didn't do anything. I could've gone out of the room and kill her before she does to kill him, but what difference does it make? A life was going to lose either way.", Eli finished.

"A life for another." , Manny summarised.

"If you guys are done trading speeches, let me know, cuz I'm trying to sleep here.", Jerry protested. The other two laughed and caused Jerry to do the same. On the other room is where the girls heard their laughter. They chuckled as well.

"It sounds like they're having fun.", Kiki stated. Nikki didn't say a word. "I know you're not asleep yet. Please, talk to me." Again, silence. But she's not gonna give up untill she gets a response. "Come on, sis. You can't stay mad at me." Still, no answer. Just a pillow over Nikki's head. Kiki finally gave up. Korra watched her defeat.

Back at the other room, Manny and Jerry already fell asleep. Which leaves our favorite fox still awake. "I can't sleep...", he said to himself. He took out the phone from the XRC's steering wheel.

The phone has an infinity display which makes it almost look like the screen covered most of the front side.

He unlocks the phone with his fingerprint, or pawprint in his case. It sends him to the home screen with the clock, 00:03 as it says. Korra appears on the screen all of a sudden. "Your cryo-sleep lasted more than a hundred years. Your brain needs time to get tired. Try being active instead of sleeping.", she suggested.

"Oh, really? Then give me an example on what I could do to pass time.", Eli challenged. "Oh, I got a lot. I entered the servers and scanned the rooms' contents. I found a bunch more cars in the Mechanical Bay. There's a stallion, waiting to be revived.", she hinted.

He immediately got out of bed and exit the room. He directed himself to the Mechanical Bay and searched for the said stallion. Once he found it, a huge smile formed on his face. A broken Ford Mustang GT 350 with wheels missing and the engine out of the engine bay.

"This is gonna be a loooong night.", he stated.

TO BE CONTINUED