Activity Log 17: Another Race

3rd POV

“I can’t believe you brought him in…”, said the cowgirl cat, rubbing her temples in disbelief that Eli brought Max inside the facility. “I can’t let the leader of a biker gang thirst, starve, and freeze to death outside. It was getting late and temperatures were dropping to 20 degrees Celsius.”, Eli explained while dragging Max’s body towards the infirmary.

After he sets Max onto the bed, he turns his attention back to Mary. “I know it doesn’t seem right to you, but if you leave him to die, makes you better than him?”. That question leaves Mary a few good seconds to think about the action of killing his ex-colleague. They may have had a bad history, but it doesn’t mean they could not have a new one. “You’re right… What can I do to help?”, she asked.

“I need you to help me take off his clothes and carry him to the bathing area to clean him. You think you can do that?”. He turns to her, only to find her leaving the room, into the hallway. He hears an echoing “Nope!” coming from nit. He sighs, leaving only him and an unconscious Max. “Ah, well… Maximum effort!”

Eli starts taking off Max’s clothes and clean him with a warm wet towel with a bucket of warm scented water by his side. “Can’t believe I’m cleaning him up all by myself…”, he said, sighing. Korra then forms a one to one scale of her holographic form in the room, sitting on the edge of the table, swing her legs.
I’m sure he’ll thank you later when he wakes up.”, she added, in attempt of reassuring him. Eli then swabs the last remaining dirt off of Max who is fortunately still unconscious.

“He’s carnivorous, so I think I’ll go find something meaty for him. But first, clothes.”, he grabs a set of clothing to put on Max, consisting of a light grey shirt that barely fits him, a pair of boxers and sweatpants. He then heads out to the cafeteria to grab the food just in case he wakes up. “Keep an eye on him for me, Korra. I’m gonna get the food real quick.”, he said as he walks through the hallway. Moments later after walking back with the tray of a slice of meatloaf, bacon and eggs, and finally a glass of water.

GAH!!! GET AWAY, BLUE GHOST!!!”, said an awoken Max as his cry echoes through the hallway. Eli hears this and runs back to the room where he left him, still holding the tray of food. He bursts in. “What’s going on??”. Max was holding a surgical knife and pointing it at Korra's holographic form, 'hovering' in the air like a ghost. Her legs were also faded to make it seem more believable. Eli sighs to what he’s seeing in disbelief.

“Alright, knock it off, Korra. I think you had enough fun for today.”, he said while placing the tray on the table near the hospital bed. Max turns his attention to Eli and points the knife at him. “Wh-Why…? Why would you take me in?!”, he shouted. Korra changed back into her normal form, touching the ground. “You were going to experience hypotherhmia.
You were shivering, outside of the facility, in front of the doors. We took you in to clean you up and give you food, and here you are blabbering about why we did it.”, Korra scoffed. “No wonder your so called friends left you.”, she added under her breath.

Max’s eyes sharpens his pupils after hearing what she said about his gang members, his brothers in arms, just left him. “That’s enough, Korra. I think he gets the picture.”, Eli said, trying to calm the two down. Max suddenly stood up, clenching his fists. “I want a race…”, he said, looking down. Korra throws her arms in the air, “Does everyone settle everything with races here??”, she asked furiously. Max looks at her in the eyes, showing her how pissed off he is, answered, “Welcome to CaliVegas.”

He grabs his folded clothes and heads to the big door he once tried to break open to. After getting out, he gets on his parked bike and starts it. “Wait!”, Eli shouted as he runs out. “You’ll get your race. Just tell me where and when I should be there.”, he forfeited. Max smiles from this and threw him a map from his leather jacket. “The red circle is where we’re gonna settle this. I’ll tell you what the stakes are tomorrow. Be there at 2 pm.”, he informed. Eli asked, “What ride should I drive?”.

“Anything that would help you survive.”

TO BE CONTINUED