Activity Log 16: Make Amends

3rd POV

The bikers got off their bikes and walked towards the humongous door. They stared at it in awe. All of them except Max. He tries to snap them out. "Snap outta it, ya damn turds!!!"

Their trance is finally broken. "S-sorry, boss!", they said in unison. Max rubbed his temples to ease his headache from his crew's idiocy. But they were awed for a reason. It really IS a big metal door, he thought. Then, one of his crew member stepped out of the crowd. "B-Boss? What do we do now?", He asked nervously.

"Easy, we take it down! Grab the dynamites!!", Max shouted. His crew took out their dynamites from the bags on their bikes. They stuck them on to the door and moved back at a reasonable distance. One of the crew members then lits it up and runs away from the blast radius and ducks behind a rock. They covered their ears as they wait for the explosion. However… nothing’s happening. “Umm… That’s not supposed to happen.” The crew member said. He comes out from behind the rock and approaches the door, only to find himself pushed back by the sudden shockwave of the explosion.

The other bikers came to aid him. Fortunately, he only suffered mere bruises from the push of the shockwave and slight ringing in his ears. They get home back up on his feet and check the damages they manage to give to the door. They arrive with shocked expressions. Not a single scratch was made from the hundreds of kilos of dynamites. “Well, sonovabitch! What the fuck is this thing made of?!”

One of the crew members touches the door, feeling a cold sensation on his hands. Or paws. “B-Boss?”, he asked. “What?” “It’s ice cold…”, he answered nervously. The others decided to touch it as well to only find out the truth. It IS ice cold. “All right… NEW PLAN!”

Meanwhile, back inside the Facility

“So, you can’t find any information about the history of the facility?”, Mary asked as she sips into a cup of chamomile tea.
Yeah. It’s like as if even I wasn’t supposed to know about it. All I know is that I was built to assist the driver of the XRC. Like providing information about the area, altitude, coordinates, temperatures, wind speed, weather conditions and other sensors. Then it gets weird. Hostile Targeting System (HTS), weapons attachments on the XRC, Electronics Override Systems (EOS) like hacking, Defence Mechanisms, EMP Blast?? Just what were they planning to do with these?!”, Korra explained. Mary ponders a bit more, then turning her attention to Eli. “Got any ideas?"

“No… Not even one. But I agree with the fact that all those things you or WE could do were put by the people that not only made you, Korra, but also made me. The only question to ask is… Why?”. He stated. “Well, one thing for sure is that you two might be the most powerful people in town.”, Sharpwhisker added.

“Is that a good thing?”, the two asked.

She chuckles, “Depends on how you tend to use all that firepower.”

Then I guess we can confirm that we are, for now. That about those bikers outside? Clearly they’re not going through the door. Just monitoring them makes me pity them…", Korra scoffed. Eli takes a moment to think, then comes up with an idea.

Meanwhile, outside…

The bikers are exhausted. Out of breath. No energy left in them. Some have tried using brains, only to give them a headache. Some even have tried using brawns, only to give them bruises. “This is HOPELESS!!! We’re never gonna get their fortune!”, said one of the bikers. “Fortune?! I was promised babes! Babes so hot, you will literally DIE for them!”, said another member. They argued and argued until their leader snaps.

“ENOUGH!!! ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT UP!!! It doesn’t matter whether the inside is full of money or babes! What matters is that we can use whatever’s behind that door! Even if it’s empty, we can still take them apart and use them for scrap! You know why?? Because WE. ARE. SCRAPPERGOONS!!! The MOST NOTORIOUS BIKER GANG in the WHOLE District!!”. His members cheered as their spirits lifted. Hopes raised. Energy replenished.