Activity Log 18: Drunk Preparation

1st POV

“769 horsepower… That’s not enough. We need more power. I’m gonna work on the ECU to increase the acceleration and shift speed.”, Korra said as she is still in her holographic form, holding a holographic tablet and stylus. “I’m gonna go find some more parts I could use from the Humvees. Maybe I could find an extra turbocharger this time…”, I said as I stood upright after inserting the radiator and screwing it in. The car was still naked. Just a skeleton. The roll cage even covered the engine for additional durability. The windshield was gorilla glass and had a mesh made of metal inside it, making it stronger than usual gorilla glass.

I checked the last Humvee in the 3rd level of the garage for a turbocharger. Nothing… I closed the trunk hard in frustration and rubbed my face with the cloth that was hanging over my neck. Even air conditioned, the garages were still hot for me after lifting the old engine out of that Mustang. Then, I heard a whistle coming from the entrance of the garage. It was Sharpwhisker. “You lookin' for this?”, she said carrying a turbocharger with one hand being raised. I sighed in relief and thanked her. “Where’d you find it? None of the Humvees had anymore.”, I asked. She snickered and pointed a box with the word 'turbocharger' on it. I was a complete fool…

“How did I miss that??”, I exclaimed. She hands me the engine’s extra aspirator and gave me a peck on my cheek before leaving. I blushed, of course… Feeling happy, I ran back to the garage where I was working on the Mustang. “Got it!”, I shouted from the other side of the room. “Good! I also made a 3D model of the body panels. It’s being printed with titanium alloy and a film of carbon fiber on under it.”, she informed me. “Anyway, how’s Mary?”, she asked.

“She’s okay. She helped me find the turbocharger. I can finally install this.”

“Did she also find the alcoholic beverages from the canteen’s secret storage room?”

“No? I don’t know about that. What makes you say that?”

“Well, she found it and drank 3 cans of beer.”

“Doesn’t seem like a problem to me.”

“Did I say cans? I meant 3 packs of beer.”

“That’s-“

“18 cans in total. And she just passed out on your bed. Which reminds me that you should be heading to bed, too. You’ve been working hard lately. I’ll handle this. The A.R.S.Es can help me out.”

“If you say so…”, I said, walking towards my room. I still didn’t know why Max would want to challenge me. It just seemed unreasonable. I opened the door of my room and closed it after entering.

Only taking off the oily sleeveless training shirt and immediately laid on the bed. As I was slowly falling asleep, I felt something cold rubbing against my chest. I slightly lifted up the blanket and saw a metal hand. “Oh, it’s just a hand… Wai- What the-?!”, I yelled as I rolled off the bed, backing away.

The hand even seemed familiar. I then remembered who it belonged to, Mary…

She groaned over what I assumed a hangover. She slowly sat up straight on my bed and rubbed her eyes. “gOod MoOarNi- *hic* cOooWwBoii…!”, she said in the most drunk fashion I’ve ever heard. She tried to crawl towards me only to fall off the bed and land on me.

Her breath smelled like alcohol, 18 cans to be exact. I then remembered that Korra mentioned something about her passing out on my bed earlier tonight. “Uhm… Could you please get off of me?”, I said politely, which I shouldn’t have done.

“oWh… doEs WitTle fOxy WoXy waNnA bE *hic* aWonE?”, she said drunkly. She then wrapped her arms against my neck and tried to kiss me, which I dodged. Instead, she was kissing the metal leg of my chair. “I can’t do this right now…”, I sighed under my breath. I got up and picked Mary up bridal style and took her to her own room. After putting her on the bed softly, she had already passed out. She was muttering in her sleep, too. Talking about how she’s gonna kick Max’s ass. But one sentence in particular caught my attention. “Mah… Hat…”, she whispered softly in her sleep.

I ran back to my room to grab it and came back to hers to put it on her table. Apparently, all the sleeping quarters each have a table and chair, which seemed convenient. I slowly closed her door and walked back to my room again to finally sleep peacefully. I had to get ready for Max’s competition tomorrow. Who knows what would happen there.

TO BE CONTINUED