Activity Log 21: Behind Our Backs

3rd POV

A familiar cat walks inside of the Teppanyaki restaurant and came towards a familiar fox. "Hey, big guy.", she greeted. Eli put down his cup of warm green tea back onto the table and turned to see Nikki. "Hey, glad you're back on your feet! Kiki always said you were tough.", he recalled. She rubbed her thumbs together, trying to get the right words out. She sighed, "Look, what happened back then-"

"It wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have let you challenge me just to prove my point.", Eli interrupted her. "No, it really was my fault! I was so close minded and self-centered. And it got the best of me.", she admitted, taking a step closer to him. He took a final sip of the green tea and stood up, putting a bronze coin on the table to pay and headed to the exit. He looked back at her, signaling her to follow him. She did so.

Nikki also wanted to add another question regarding about the reason she was alive in the first place. They walked downstairs back to the parked scrap vehicles. She made her move. "Kiki mentioned that someone brave and forgiving saved me from the explosion. Was it you?"

Eli stopped in his tracks, almost grabbed the door handle of his newly built Silvia. He sighed and answered, "I wouldn't call it brave and forgiving... More like instinctively, like as if it's my job to save people. Wish I did the same to those driver's back at the Derby, though.", he added. He got into the car and turned on the electric motors. "What about that culprit who stabbed you from the back? Are you gonna look for him?", she asked one last time.

Eli stopped everything he was trying to do besides thinking of an answer. He dropped his hands from the steering wheel and lifted his t-shirt, showing his abdomen, making her blush. "The cut healed pretty quickly and it didn't hurt at all, but whatever they want with me, I'll need answers from them."

He reversed, puts it in drive, said, "Say goodnight to the others for me. I'm gonna go back to the track tomorrow morning to help clean up the place. Maybe the other drivers' cars since no one is challenging me yet. I dunno...", he announced. The cat promised and said goodnight, letting him leave for the night back to the facility.

"That went well than I predicted.", the AI chuckled in his earpiece. Eli raised an eyebrow and asked, "What else did you think would happen?"

"Maybe some grudges to be held. A kick in the balls or another fight in a food related establishment.". Eli silently laughs, slowing down the car. "Its unwise to cause more damages physically and mentally, not while I just did at the hospital..."

TO BE CONTINUED