Activity Log 4: Asleep

3rd POV

The professor stands in front of the said cryotube with a hand on the glass. Her experiment, inside still awake, holding her hand with a curved glass between them. "Do I really have to have these tubes in me?" he asked in confusion. She smiled in hope of his survival, that the cryotube will wake him up properly. she answered his question with no hesitation.

"The tubes for your lungs will help them circulate the oxygen into your lungs and carbon dioxide out. The oxygen comes from the plants behind you, UV light on top of them and are air tight sealed so no other gas will try to kill the plants.

"The tubes for your heart helps it circulate the blood with the help of the wires that'll electrocute it causing the heart to beat 60 beats per-minute. It may sound painful, but in your case, no. The wires connected on your head are sensors that will monitor your brain activity, whether you're panicking, traumatized, or having a bad dream. The others will send little electrical waves that will determine your organ movements, such as; the diaphragm, helping you breath, and other stuff that will keep you alive."

"The other wires that stick to the muscles like the biceps, chest, triceps, neck, tail, calves, abdomen and back will send electrical waves that will make the muscles flex will you sleep, making sure you stay in shape." "Is that all?" "Yes."

"How am I going to wake up?" Eli asked.

"There are sensors on the surface that will alarm the cryotube to wake you up." she answered.

"And when will I wake up?"

"It's currently hot outside from the affects of global warming, and its currently December... Summer's gonna be a lot hotter and the only time that's cold was last month."

"And?"

"Geologists estimated that in the next one hundred years or so, water levels will lower down, some countries will have snow again, but Sahara will still have them, rainforests on Brazil, Indonesia and Australia will grow back and fix the ozone layer, and the summer times will be twenty to thirty degrees less hotter." she added.

"Anything else?"

"You'll probably wake up with the base have ice around it, the nearest to shore is around 500 kilometers up north. So you might have a chance to drive back on dirt."

"Drive? With what?" he asked. "You'll soon find out." she answered with a tease.

"Okay?"

After a few more minutes of setup, it was finally time for the professor to put him to sleep.

"Wait, will I see you again?" Eli asked. The professor she'd a tear and pressed the button to activate the cryotube. "Maybe."

TO BE CONTINUED