Activity Log 6: Intruder

3rd POV
"Wait here, sir." Robert suggested as he went out of the room. The doors were then locked virtually. They were made out of carbon fiber laced titanium, leaving Eli protected. A small window was installed for people to see what's happening outside. Eli looks through it and saw a few more robots like Robert with EMP cannons appeared and said in unison, "Engaging Protocol A1: Protect the Patient."

"Eli, stay away from the window. You'll get hurt." Robert suggested. Eli did so anyway, only to look again. The hallway became quiet, too quiet, as Eli thought. The robots we're charging their cannons while aiming at something that'll move. Suddenly, a ball painted with bright neon colors rolled towards the robots, only to find themselves get pushed away from the explosions. Eli ducked just in case the explosion would break the glass and hit him.

Everything went silent again. The robots we're only scratched and colored by the shrapnel. Then, there was noise coming from the vents, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, and it stopped. The vent cover then fell from the ceiling. The robots looked up the vent to only see a face with a mask. "Sup?"

The figure then fell on top of an armed robot and start stabbing the around the neck to decapitate it. The robot next to it aimed at the figure. The hostile jumped and ripped the head off as the robot fired the cannon, only to share the same date as the other unit. It jumped to another unit, and another, and another, and another, and another. Which leaves to Robert.

He leans by the door, protecting what, or who was inside. "You will not get what's behind this door, lass!!" He warned. The hostile then spoke, "Oh, no, I don't need what's behind that door, but I'll be leaving, after I'm done with you." That sent virtual shivers down his shock absorbing spine. But he will not let her decide his fate. He must protect Eli, no matter the cause. "Bite me shiny, metal, ARSE!!!" Robert started to jab, only for the hostile to duck and strike for his abdomen with the knife, revealing the circuits and wires, only to be cut.

Robert then stopped moving, then fell to his side. Oil started spilling out of his abdomen, making it look like he was bleeding out. He covered his neck with his hands. "You'll never take me alive, nor dead, lass." He said, exhausted. "Well, I may not be able to take a part of you, but you'll be damn well to be dead." She said and struck Robert's head with the knife deep into the motherboard.
She smiled and chuckled. A heavy breathing was heard behind the door Robert was protecting. She looked behind the window to see what or who was inside the room. No one. She raised her shoulders and thought, whatever, jumped and climbed back up to the vents.

Eli was just sitting there, behind the door, right under the window, tears falling off his cheeks. To see the only person who would care for you, die in front of you, would be a nightmare to anyone. The door suddenly opened. He turned back and crawled to his dying friend. "No, no no no no no, please don't go! Robert, please! Don't leave me!" He begged and hugged him.

"It's.... alright... laddy... you'll...be... fine." The sign of life brought a smile to Eli. "Don't... smile...just...yet...she...took... valuable... information...from...servers." Robert added. Eli became confused. "What do you mean?" Robert answered, "Heavy artillery...launch codes...weapons to destroy...mankind...take...back...files... I'm... Sorry..."

"Robert. Robert? Robert?! Please! Stay with me buddy! No! DON'T LEAVE ME! PLEASE!!" Eli's tears formed and fell again. But he wiped all of his tears and stood up, "I promise, Robert. I'll get those files back. For you."

TO BE CONTINUED