2.

Malia :

I rocked my hips to the bandgang Lonnie song they had blaring out the speakers. I was peeping the scene out. Tae's block party turned into just a house party.

"Here, let's go dance," Sei said handing me a red cup pulling me with her.

I nodded and started getting in the mood, I felt a pair eyes on me as I started shaking my ass making it move like jello. I looked around and my eyes landed on a group of girls standing by Tae's and his crew. Kayla gave me a mean look and whispered to her friends . She and I use to be cool until she fucked my ex-boyfriend... she always try to play competition with me when we are in a room together. 

"Aye where the bathroom," I yelled over the music to Sei.

"The upstairs one is closed so go downstairs in the basement," she said as some dude walked up behind her.

"So you ain't gone come with me?" I asked her with my eyebrow furrowed.

"Girl ain't nobody gone do nothing to you Malia. I'll keep an eye on you, it's right there," she shouted over the music.

I rolled my eyes and sashayed through the crowd to get down the steps. I was a little nervous because I could barely see anything. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw the bathroom with a light on . I went in there and locked the door quickly behind me.

After I quickly used the bathroom, I wiped and washed my hands .

I checked the time on my phone and it was already 12 due to me and my girls coming late because Key almost got caught stealing. We literally had to plea and talk to the worker to not call the police on her . It's literally the first day of our summer, I didn't need my girl locked up.

I walked out of the bathroom to start running up the steps but I saw... a studio. A devious smile crepted on my face as I made my way over there. I didn't have no business down here but I was so amazed .

"So this where they record all their songs," I said to myself looking at all the buttons that covered the keypad. 

"You like what you see," someone's voice echoed making me jump. 

"I- I just wanted to see it. I apologize I really shouldn't be in here, imma go," I said panicking going to walk up the steps .

"Nah, nah it's cool ma. You can see it...come on," he told me directing me to follow him. 

"You sure?" I questioned letting my heart beat calm down. 

"Positive, I'm not really into parties, you're giving me a reason not to be up there," he said giving me a welcoming smile.

I return his smile and nodded, I felt the same. 

"Honestly...Me either, my friends dragged me here , I've never seen you around who are you, this city is pretty small" I questioned taking in his appearance.

"I'm Lamar, Tae's cousin, I just flew here from Arizona for College this fall and you are?" he asked. 

"I'm Malia, nice to meet you," I introduced. 

"Likewise and you got a pretty name. So you like music?" he said pulling me out a chair starting the system up .

"Yes a lot . Do you ?" I asked pulling my hair behind my ear getting comfortable .

"Hell yeah. I help the crew write and record lately because the nigga they had before was terrible ," he told me.

"That's so cool, everything in here looks difficult to use," I said in awe.

"It's not, watch, imma put on a beat," he said grabbing a grey laptop. 

The song started blaring and I bobbed my head to it , it was hot perfect freestyle beat.