16.

Malia:

Few days later ...

"How was your day at school." I asked Malik as I opened the door for him.

"It's was good we watched a movies in my last class and I don't have basketball practice today ." He said .

"Aw okay . I parked sorta far away because the lot was full for some reason." I said as we crossed the street.

"Where's Ayana." He asked me.

"With a new friend she met so it's just me and you today . Your birthday is coming up do you know what do ." I said looking over at him.

"I want to go out to eat with my girl a— Malia look, it's mom." He said with so much excitement.

He ran off down the street and went up to some house .

"Malik NO." I yelled chasing after him .

Everybody knew this was the crackhouse . Malik went in there so I had to . When I got in there their was nothing but babies crying, feces on the wall, people looking half dead on the ground .

"Malik." I yelled his name out.

I was scared I felt eyes on me . I heard him talking so I walked deeper in the house and my mom was hugging him .

"Malik lets go now." I said looking at her in disgust .

"He can see his momma. I miss y'all." She said .

I can't even look at her, I pulled Malik away from her and dragged him out that house .

"When I tell you to come on you come the fuck on Malik . She don't give a fuck about you or me ."I yelled at him.

"That's still my momma she just need help. You have all that money why don't you put her in rehab." He said with tears going down his face .

"Don't you think I tried that ! All she will do is runaway from that place and get high . Fuck her I told you I got you from now on . She is nothing but a fucking addict." I yelled out of anger.

"Don't believe her Malik . I love you momma just got to get better." She said coming out the house .

"Man shut the fuck up and go back inside ." I said walking to my car.

"I'm sorry Malia . I know I did wrong baby but imma get better for y'all I promise ." She said following behind us.

I just wanted to hit her so bad .

"Just ignore her and get in the car." I said unlocking the door .

" I'm sorry again but Cacan you give ya momma just 30 more dollars and I swear I'll come back home and go back to work." She said banging on my window .

I looked her in the eyes and couldn't recognize her, I pressed the button and hit the gas hard and left her standing the street. Malik was still crying looking back at her, shit was making me mad but I was just like him not long away so I shouldn't have yelled at him for just wanting his mom . He'll understand why I did this for him when he get older . I wanted the best life for him because I couldn't have it , I was being a little Mommy for him at a young age and was force to grow up quick .

I really thought she quit though like really really did .

"I'm sorry Lik. When she get herself together and stay clean we can make something happen so you can see her. She just not in her right mind right now and I don't want you around her ." I said feeling bad looking at him then back to the road.