twenty one

finn♡

i hadn't really moved since cara left, i was still thinking about what she said. was it something negative, positive, are the feelings mutual?

i decided to just ignore my thoughts and distract myself with some episodes of the office, at this point i don't know if cara will really come back or if i pushed her away by spilling everything to her. 

i heard her door open and footsteps in the hall outside, in no time there was a knock on my door and cara was standing there. her chest rising up and down, she was breathing heavily. 

"do you want to come in?" i opened the door fully and closed it behind me once she was in. i was about to talk but as i turned around, her lips were on mine.

the tingles i felt when we were 15, and living with corinna i felt again. it took no time for her hands to make way to my hair, i cupped her cheeks and we walked to my sofa, not disconnecting our lips once.

my hands explored every inch of her body, still remembering the curves down her sides, and  how her head fit into the crook of my neck.

she fell backwards and i landed on top of her, straddling her hips. i never realised how much i missed this. it felt different to every other kiss we shared before, it was filled with passion, angst, pain and lust, but it made me realise how wrong i was to leave her; how wrong i was to move on so quickly and spend 2 years with somebody who wasn't right for me, and who was just using me for fame.

she smiled into the kiss quickly before pulling apart. i pushed the hair out of her face and she looked down smiling to herself. she was playing with my hair as i pecked the corner of her mouth, trailing down her neck, she was enjoying herself - as was i - but eventually we had to stop to calm down.

"i missed you so much finn. i still love you so much but it isn't right for me or you to jump right back into a relationship." my expression changed from happiness to confusion. "what do you mean?"

"i mean i love you, and i want to get back together with you but we can't yet." "so you just came here, shoved your face onto mine and then told me we're not back together." i let out a desperate sigh, my experiences with dating keep getting worse.

"kinda, should we just go back to the 'we're together but not official stage'. two years is a long time without someone, i want to catch up with you and everything before we announce it to people." she looked up at me and i let out a hopeful smile.

"i'd like that." 

"so would i."