she pees on a stick

twenty sixth.may.twenty-thirty

"just pee on the stick, you drank like 12 bottles of water." sophia spoke through the door. the it cast had a reunion in italy so andy rented out a house for us to stay in. everybody else went to do some sort of activities that barbara had planned apart from sophia and i. she was the first person i told about my missed period. the last time i skipped a period i was probably 16 and even though i was a virgin i convinced myself i was pregnant.

"why can't i pee!" i groaned and then started to, "oh wait nevermind. can you read the instructions again?" i asked and she did, "hold it there for 10 seconds and then put the cap back on. then we wait for 10 minutes to see if what the lines do. 1 line means negative, 2 lines mean positive and no lines means it was inactive."

i counted to 10 and then put the cap on. "how the hell am i supposed to wait for 10 minutes this will be torture." i groaned as i washed my hands and walked out of the door.

"well give it to me, i'll put it in my pocket and give it back to you when the timer goes off." i do as she says and hand the blue stick to her. i have another one to do after we get the result for that but for now i'm going to watch some tv.

"italian tv looks great. too bad we cant understand it." sophia jokes and we sit there until her phone rings.

"well thats been 10 minutes." i say nervously. she turns the alarm off and passes me the test.
"well, i'm pregnant." i state and she squeals. "oh my god there is a baby growing in your stomach." she puts her hands on my tummy and i smile at her.
the realisation just hit, "i'm having a baby oh my god."  i don't think im not prepared for this. we'll just have to face it together.

"well let's do the other test to make sure." i walk over to my bag and take the box out, heading to the bathroom. doing as before but instead of waiting and watching tv we sit in the bath.

"how are you going to tell finn?" sophia questions and i sigh. i have absolutely no idea. "will he want a baby?" she shakes her head at me, making me realise that was a stupid question.

"of course he will, you don't need to worry about that. the only thing you need to worry about is you right now." i smile at her and realise she's right. "well if this comes back positive too i'll book an appointment with the doctors tonight after i tell finn." she nods at me and then the timer goes off. i flip the test that was placed on the counter and hold it up to her.

"two positive tests." she grins and hugs me again.

"i think you're most probably pregnant." "so do i."

-

"how was your day out with the lads." i jokingly ask finn as he plops down on the bed, rolling over to face me, standing in the doorway.

"a bit tiring, but apart from that really fun. what about you and soph, how was that?"

i bite my lip and look at him, "well i found something out today- at least i think i did," i reach into my back pocket and grip the two tests behind my back and he looks at me suspiciously.

i whip them out infront of him and it takes him a second to realise what they are, "are those..."

"pregnancy tests? yes." i reply, he jumps up and looks at them.

"two lines, what does that mean?"joy fills his face and it makes my worries melt away.

"we're having a little baby, finn." he grins and my eyes well up, his arms wrap around my shoulders and he places a kiss on my forehead.

"oh my god, we made a child. have you told anyone else? we need to book you a doctors appointment for when we're home." he is speaking a mile a minute.

"calm down finn, only you and sophia know and she's keeping it a secret, and not yet i was going to book the appointment after i told you." he grins and a tear falls out of his eye.

"aww baby." i shush him and wipe the tear before hugging him, i rest my head in the crook of his neck and smile.

"i just felt your lips move, what are you smiling about?" i peck his neck as i pull out of the hug, "you're going to be an amazing dad to this baby."

-

thirty first.may.twenty-thirty

since it is the last day of the 'it cast reunion' we are having a massive dinner in the house we are staying in. we are going all out and andy even hired chefs to come in and cook for us personally. finn and i decided that it was where we were going to announce my pregnancy.

we were just finishing up the desert and everybody was drinking wine, i asked for sophia to pour me sparkling grape juice into my glass which she did for me and i was thankful. i didn't want it to look suspicious and have people guess before we announced it.

there was a short silence at the table so finn grabbed my hand and started to talk. "cara and i have something to tell you." everyone turned to us and wondered what we were about to stay, we stood up and i rubbed my stomach, "i'm pregnant." everybody gasped, cheered and congratulated us.

"oh my god really, when did you find out?" jeremy questioned "4 days ago, sophia knew. i took the test with her and told finn when you got back from being out."

barbara and andy came to congratulate us separately to the cast, barbara was crying when she congratulated us which made my eyes swell. "oh my god finn you're so grown up now. you're having a child." andy was shocked but so was i when i found out.

they eventually left and went back to their own hotel but everyone else was still talking about it.

"ok the real question is which one of us are you naming him after?" wyatt asked. i looked at him suspiciously, "you think it's a him?" i questioned, he nodded as well as chosen, jack, nicholas, and jeremy. "i have a feeling it might be a boy too actually." jaeden added.

"i kinda hope its a girl, imagine how cute she would be." sophia gushed and then owen and jacob agreed.

"what about twins, one of each." logan added and my eyes widened. "oh god that would be so much.. i don't even know, stress?" i couldn't think of the right words but all i know is that i will love this little baby no matter what.

-

"so would you rather a boy or a girl?" i asked finn, we went off to our room and were lying there facing each other as he played with my hair.

"i really do not care, as long as this child loves us i will be happy with them." he moves his hand from my hair to my stomach and kisses me on the lips until we drift off into a peaceful slumber.