twenty three

cara and finn sat in bed with a laptop in front of them. "my parents or your parents first?" she turned to face her new yet old partner.

"i feel like my mum always hated yasmin. so if you want we could call yours first." the two nodded at each other as cara leant forward, pressing the call button on the laptop.

the tune played and her parents faced popped up on the screen, visibly confused when they saw who she was with. "cara?" her dad trailed off, questioning what she was doing without saying anything.

"well, finn and i realised something." she looked towards finn and he hissed through his teeth.

"we're back together." her mum smiled but her dad didn't seem convinced. "are you sure."

this made them both grimace, her mum nudged her dad in the arm. "i mean i'm happy for you but how."

"to be honest with you james, i was an idiot in the past. cara was the best person in my life at the time and i thought i was doing what was going to help me in the long run, instead it lead to a toxic relationship that i regret."

"okay but how do we know you won't do something you will regret again." james wasn't as easy going as viv. she lightly slapped him on the chest to warn him while cara and finn looked at each other awkwardly.

"i promise you i won't mess it up this time james, i wish i could go back and not even think of ending it." a short silence fell upon the four of them who were thousands of miles apart but still together.

eventually her parents nodded at finns words through the screen. "well he seems genuine." her father spoke with clarity in his voice, proving he feels the wolfhard boy worthy of his precious daughters love.

"finn i'm willing to let you into our lives again, and if cara feels comfortable so do we." cara's mother smiled through the call and they all nodded, thanking her parents and talking for a while longer before saying their goodbyes.

once the call ended finn attacked cara's neck with kisses. "i'm so happy." he laughed and smiled a genuine smile, it wasn't fake like many he shared with yasmin. it was real emotion, and the only girl he shared this sort of love with was her.