[ fifty-eight ]

Jc's pov

I was worrying all day, all I could do was stare at my phone hoping for a phone call or something from Violet, just if anything happened to that girl.. I don't know what I'd do honestly. When Trevor called me and told me about their run in with Zeke I was so furious and I immediately wanted to hurt that asshole, but first I need to be there for Violet. 

I was only waiting for them to get back for five minutes and when they did get back I carried Violet back up to her room and I was just gonna let her rest. I fell asleep after she did and we both woke up around 10 or 11 the next day, I was hoping when Violet woke up he would feel a little better, or at least be able to get out of bed. 

"Hey, how long have you been up?" I asked her groggily 

"About an hour or so" she whispered 

"Oh.. what have you been doing for an hour?" 

"Wishing the last 24 hours of my life was a dream" she said blankly, I didn't know what to say because I knew she was being honest

"Do you wanna go get breakfast?" I asked her after a minute of being silent, she just shook her head and gripped onto me tighter 

"Do you wanna go get lunch or dinner later?" she shook her head no again

"Okay.. do you want me to bring you breakfast?" I asked giving a third suggestion 

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't care" she said with a scratchy throat

After about 25 more minutes of laying there, I kissed the top of her head and got out of the bed slowly. 

"I will be right back, I promise" I said and kissed her once more before I left, taking one more look at her frail body laying on the bed like a rag doll. 

When I got in my car I stared at the steering wheel for a few seconds and then punched it, as hard as possible, about three times. I needed some kind of way to take my anger out, but not let Violet see, but it didn't work. I resting my head on the steering wheel next, trying to gather myself and contain my anger somehow, also wasn't working so I took my thoughts to Twitter.

@jccaylen- Wow run up on a girl while shes with her friend, bitch move. Do it while I'm with her.. yeah probably would've gone down different, huh?          

After I posted that I expected everyone to freak out and ask me who it was about and all that, I also expected Violet to be mad about it or maybe she wouldn't care at all. I do hope that that asshole sees it though, hopefully he won't make a scene about it on Twitter, but I don't care anymore. 

I walked into Violet's place again with breakfast I expected to Violet to be on the couch, in the shower, or anything active really, but no I walked into her bedroom, on the bed, in the same position I left her in. 

"Babe.. I got you some-" 

"Not hungry" she said cutting me off

"Come on.. let's at least go sit on the couch" I said sitting on the edge of the bed, she just looked at me, but with an expression on her face like I was crazy. I walked over grabbed both her arms softly and lifted her up.

"We can sit down,eat,-" I said as we started walking towards the living room, "Watch a movie-" I moved closer to her face and said, "Play with the kiggy" she instantly started smiling. I knew she would, whenever I say 'kiggy' she laughs, I loved it. 

Violet's pov

Ugh, I'm really upset but I can't help but laugh when he says 'kiggy', it's honestly the funniest thing ever. But it didn't take me long to remind myself why I was so upset in the first place, and my smile dropped.

"I'm sorry Jc, it's just.. since yesterday all I can do is think about everything that happened with Zander.." I said looking down, "Look maybe you should just go-"

"No Violet like I said last night, you're not pushing me away-"

"But Jc you're not having any fun here with me, I just feel like I'm dragging you down-"

"Hey, hey" he said taking my face in between his hands, "You will never drag me down, I want to be here with you, and help you through this" my tear filled eyes eventually looked at his, but I didn't answer him. I just leaned in and kissed him.

"I really love you" I said as we pulled away from each other 

"I love you to.. and just so you know, Zander will never hurt you again, not as long as I'm alive" he said smiling.

Him saying 'I love you' made me smile, and his reassuring my safety gave me a feeling of comfort, but his wording still gave me a bad,uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.