What I Never New I Always Wanted (Matt Murdock x reader)

Never was the kind to think about dressing in white
Wasn't waiting on a prince to come riding into my life

You stood in front of the mirror in your dressing room looking at the wedding dress you are wearing. You turned around and looked at your three friends, Jessica, Karen and Claire, who where also your bridesmaid's.  "How do i look?" You asked, trying to stay calm " and is it natural to feel like your flying on a cloud and also about to pass out at the same time?"

They chuckled at you then Karen said "you look beautiful Y/n and yes it's very natural to feel like that, I'm pretty sure if you didn't feel like that you should be concerned" there was a knock on the door. Jessica got up and looked to see who it was, and when she saw it was Foggy she let him in. "You look beautiful Y/n, so You guys ready to get this show on the road" He said.

Thought I was happy on my own
'Til you came and proved me wrong

First you watched Foggy and Karen walk to their places, then you watched Jessica and Luke walk to there places. "It's going to be fine Y/n" Claire said noticing how nervous you where. Now she walked in front of you and to her spot. Your brother Danny walked up next to you "you look beautiful Y/n, mom and dad would be proud" he said, holding out his arm for him to walk you down the aisle "Thanks Danny" you said, taking his arm. Now it was your turn to walk down the aisle.

As you walked down the aisle all you could do was look at Matt and smile thinking about what you guy's life would be like.

I finally found what I never knew I always wanted
I couldn't see; I was blind 'til my eyes were opened
I didn't know there was a hole

(2 years later)

Something missing in my soul
'Til you filled it up with your love, yeah
(Yeah, yeah)

Never pictured myself singing lullabies
Sitting in a rocking chair in the middle of the night

You paced back and forth in front of the restroom door waiting for the test to tell you whether you where pregnant or not. You hadn't been feeling well the past few weeks and your period was late, so you bought a pregnancy test. You started chewing on you bottom lip, which is a bad habit that you need to stop. Once the timer dinged you immediately ran to it. Flipping it over, what you saw brought a smile to your face. The two little lines that confirmed your guess.

In the quiet, in the dark
You're stealing every bit of my heart with your daddy's eyes
What a sweet surprise

You decided to tell Matt the big news after dinner. When Matt got home that night, he was surprised to smell smoke coming from the kitchen. "Y/n are you here?!" he asked, making his way to the kitchen. "Yeah I'm here, but please pay no attention to the smoke, I'm taking care of it" you yelled from the kitchen while trying to get the fire alarm to stop. After you cleared out the smoke and got the fire alarm to stop blaring it's annoying noise at you, you had literally gave up and ordered a pizza instead. As soon as the pizza arrived Matt got out of the shower.

After you payed the pizza guy, you took the pizza to the kitchen and set it down on the counter. Matt walked into the kitchen and grabbed two plates from the cabinet and handed them to you. Matt grabbed two drinks from the fridge as you put one slice of pizza on each plate. Then y'all went into the living room and sat down there to eat.

And now I'm holdin' what I never knew I always wanted
I couldn't see; I was blind 'til my eyes were opened
I didn't know there was a hole

After you and Matt finished eating, you got up and took the plates to the kitchen. If Matt listened close enough he could of swore he heard a second heartbeat coming from you. you set the plates down in the sink, then walked back to the living room. You sat down on the couch and faced Matt "okay so I have something to tell you and it's life changing" you said "i'm pregnant" as soon as the last part left your mouth, Matt pulled you into a hug and kissed you.

Something missing in my soul
'Til you filled it up, oh, with your love

Life has a way of showing you just what you need
And who you were made to be, yeah

I finally found what I never knew I always wanted
I couldn't see; I was blind 'til my eyes were opened
I didn't know there was a hole

(10 months later)

Something missing in my soul
'Til you filled it up with your love
Yeah, you filled it up with your love, yeah
(Yeah, yeah)
(Yeah, yeah)

You woke up to the sound of y'alls daughter crying, you looked over at the clock and sighed '3:00 AM' you got up careful not to wake Matt up and walked to the room next to yours and Matt's. As soon as you turned on the light she stopped crying. You walked over to the crib and picked her up, then you sat down in the rocking chair next to the crib.

"I never was the kind to think about dressing in white
I never pictured myself singing lullabies"

Slowly y/d/n fell asleep in your arms. You hadn't noticed Matt leaning up against the door frame listening to you sing and y'alls heartbeats.