hospital visits (Sam Wilson x reader)

This is day 4 of the 30 writing challenge, for the prompts I'm using go check out my 'hey all' chapter ~ Amber out

You and Sam had been in the army together, together as in you were a nurse and you had patched up him and Riley up many of times so much so that y'all had become friends. After Riley passed you and Sam had remained friends and would go out to bars or someplace to chat and catch up on each others life and when he told you that he was a now working with the avengers you were happy for him and at the same time you told him about leaving the military and going to be a nurse at a hospital.

You mainly left the military for your brother who had passed and his wife needed help with watching your nephew, then your nephew; Chris, was dignosed with cancer, you went to work at the hospital where he was being treated so you could help your sister in-law and nephew.

When Sam called you to set up a day to go through the hospital with Steve, Wanda and Clint you happily agreed to help and you got in touch with your boss and he said it was fine. So after all of that it lead you up to this day of the avengers visting the hospital you work at, thanks to Sam.

When they were to get there you were to take them around the hospital to meet the kids and take pictures with them, when the car pulled up and Sam got out along with Clint, Steve and Wanda you put a smile on your face and went out to greet them. They were all in uniform and seeing Sam back in the Exo-7 was a little strange for you if you were honest.

"I'm y/n l/n, I'll be the one showing y'all around the hospital" you introduced yourself shaking everyones hand except for Sam. Sam walked up to you and gave you a friendly hug.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. l/n" Steve said politely

"Oh no I'm not married and just call me y/n" you said, Steve nodded "shall we get going?" Y'all then started y'alls long journey through the hospital and visiting the kids. Each kid that they met you had filled them in on why the kid was in there and the kids name as well.

It wasn't until y'all were almost done that y'all got to Chris's room. You informed them on his case, but left out the part of him being you nephew un-initially.

As y'all walked into the room Chris was watching tv and his attention was snapped to the door.

"Aunt y/n!" He said, with a smile as you walked over to him and gave him a hug. Sam had no idea your nephew was here in the hospital. "Is that Falcon?!" He asked his eyes lighting up when Sam walked in with Steve, Wanda and Clint following behind.

He didn't even give you a chance to answer "no way! Your my favorite superhero" he said

"Well thanks, no offence to the other kids here but they mainly wanted to see Cap, and your the first kid to say that" Sam said sitting in the chair next to Chris's bed. Sam and Chris's talked about a lot of stuff, but mainly what it was like to be an avenger. But sadly there where still kids that they needed to see so you had to cut there visit short. After they said goodbye and y'all were out in the hall Sam came up to you as you were at the nurses station to take care of something real quick.

"Why didn't you tell me your nephew had cancer?" Sam asked a little hurt considering you told each other everything.

"It just never came up i guess" you said puting away a file then walking up to the last door for them to visit with. Sam dropped the subject for now to focus on the task at hand.

Hey all i hope you enjoyed this, i am thinking of doing a part 2 let me know if you want a part 2 it's currently 3:37 AM and i am aboit to pass out ~ Amber out