Some Hearts (Matt Murdock x Reader)

Matt and Foggy had asked you for some help on a case, which you happily said you would. You had had a crush on Matt since highschool -you had known Matt since you were kids-

You, Foggy and Matt had been siting at the table reading so many reports against one dude that had done horrible things to Matt and Foggy's client. You had made a promise to yourself that if you ever saw this prick you would make sure to send him 8 feet under ground.

You stretched and rubbed your eyes, Foggy looked a the time "looks like we are going to be pulling a all nighter... again" he grumbled "i'm gonna go get some coffee, do y'all want anything?"

"Coffee, black" you said

"Typical cops" he grumbled

"I'm good" Matt said still reading.

"I heard that" you said still reading a case file and not looking up, you heard Matt chuckle. "Thanks Foggy" you said as he walked out the door. After a little bit of Foggy being gone you realized it was just you and Matt there.

You tried to focus on the case,  but you cept looking over at Matt. You shook your head and started reading again. You noticed Matt had stopped reading and he had taken off his glasses, the scars by his eyes were still slightly there from the accident.

You had known Matt when it happened, you remember visiting him in the hospital. You were the first one he told about his ability, you just thought it was awesome.

When ever your around him you have to make sure to keep your heart rite normal or else he might question you. You wanted to tell Matt about your feelings for him, but everytime you get the courage to tell him he's in a relationship with someone. So you throw your feelings aside and hope he's happy.

You started reading again,  but were interrupted by your phone ringing. You looked at the caller ID 'boss man' it read, you sighed and excused yourself. You walked out the door and answered the call.

"Yeah chief?... really?... i'll be right there" you said and hung up the phone, you walked back inside and told Matt that you would have to leave and good luck on the case.

"Be careful" he mumbled as you walked out the door. Your boss had told you that they needed you to catch a runner that was headed your way, this was what you did best catching people. You walked down the road to the place to stop the guy, unholstering your gun you walked down the alleyway. You looked both ways hoping to see the guy,  but no one was there.

You started walking to the right, you didn't see anyone. When you did see someone it was to late, they had punched you in the face causeing you to drop your gun. You shook your head trying to regain your senses, but as you did you were hit over the head again, but this time with the butt of your gun.

They hadn't hit you hard enough to knock you out, but only to disorient you. The world was spinning, you wanted to vomit. Then a gun shot rang out, you felt a sharp burning pain in your abdomen. You were alone, you would die alone. Your hand flew to your abdomen to try and stop some of the bleeding, you weren't far from Matt and Foggy's building, maybe if you screamed loud enough Matt would hear you. Or just someone.

"Help somebody!... please" you yelled, your only hope at this point was someone hearing you. The guy was long gone down the alley now, you stared up at the stars, tears threating to fall. Your eyes began to feel heavy, the last thing you remember was saying "I love you, Matt" which was only a whisper.

You awoke in a hospital bed, the sound of monitors beeping around you mixed with the light snores of someone. You slowly opened your eyes to see Foggy sitting across the room snoring, you looked around the room and the tv was on the news

"-now to Ronda who is at the court house right now"

"Thanks Mike, i'm here out side the court house where the trial for James Anderson is being held right now, now this guy has committed several acts of crime such as, rape, murder and assault and battering of officers such as officer (l/n) who was in pursuit last night when Anderson tryed to escape. Officer (l/n) who is currently in recovery, she should be out on the streets protecting hell's kitchen in a few weeks-" you shut off the tv, Foggy started moving and stopped snoring. He stretched and rubbed his eyes tiredly, he then noticed you where awake.

"(Y/n)! Your awake, how are you feeling?" Foggy asked "well besides being shot"

"Fine I guess... where is Matt?" You asked, you needed to know what happened and Matt was probably the best one to ask.

"He's at the trial for the guy who we where researching last night." Foggy said

"What happened? I remember leaving y'alls office looking for the guy that escaped, then getting punched and shot. So I don't really know how i'm still alive right now"

"Daredevil found you and brought you here" he said, you blinked a couple of times. You had heard about the Devil of hells kitchen, but never saw him.

Something didn't add up, how had Daredevil gotten there that fast? was he in the area? Or what?. You then remembered in school calling Matt a Dare Devil cause of how many fights he got into with the school bully. 

'Could Matt be the DareDevil?' You thought to yourself.

"Matt said he would be by after the trial, so you're stuck with me until then" Foggy said "plus I know you like Matt,  and if you don't tell him soon i'm going to tell him my self" you rolled your eyes at Foggy and chuckled.

"you know I want to tell him, Foggy, I do, but what if he doesn't feel the same about me, then I might lose his friendship" you said,

"Right, i'll tell him then" Foggy said under his breath so you wouldn't hear him. The door opened and a nurse and Matt walked in, Foggy got up and walked up next to Matt "y/n has something she would like to tell you" Foggy said

"Franklin Percy Nelson!! when I get out of this damn hospital I am going to put you 6ft under!!" You yelled as Foggy ran out the door, the nurse told you to calm down and stop yelling. You apologized as Matt sat down where Foggy previously was, the nurse checked your vitals and said you would probably be able to leave in a couple days.

You and Matt didn't say anything until the nurse left, and after she did it was awkward.

"Sooooo....." you started "How much of mine and Foggys conversation did you hear?"

"All of it" Matt said "and I heard what you said last night" you were confused at first then you remembered that you had mumbled 'I love you, Matt' right as you passed out, your face flushed and your heart rate increased. 'Oh shit what is he going to say?, is he going to reject me?, is he going to stop being my friend?' So many thoughts ran through your head that you didn't notice Matt get up from the chair and walk over to your hospital bed, he leaned down and kissed you on the end of your nose. Then he kissed your lips gently, you were shocked then you kissed him back.

Once y'all broke apart you were speechless "I love you too" Matt said.