Chapter Four ~Project Nines Training (Part 1)~

I've talked to my friend(who's actually my girlfriend), about what her inspiration for this story was. Trust me I wanted to ask before though there wasn't a time that felt right to bring it up. Anyway, you guys know the show "Stranger Things", well basically she loved the idea of Eleven and decided to plot a story that involved a facility that captured humans who have special abilities...I don't want to spoil the story even more but that's her inspiration for it.

*DM if you have any questions or concerns about the comment section or story

*I accept Fanart of either me and my friends or of my book

-Okami

Zane's P.O.V

I felt a light pressure on my arm but didn't make any move to open my eyes. I heard a few voices, it almost sounded like an argument which only caused me to groan.

I was most likely back in my room and Travis was sure to see my burnt arm, arguing with Sebastian now. It was then when I heard the metal door creak open in an un-soothing squeak that caused me to open my eyes slowly.

Suprisenly, my vision wasn't damaged by the bright lights that shined over me and the room.

"Zane! Are you okay? Do you feel pain? Want some wat-..."

"I'm fine." I cut off Travis, my cheeks reddening with embarrassment as I sat up to lock eyes with Sebastian.

"Did you fine what you were looking for, Asshole!" I spat at him, my skin started turning dark like earlier before.

Travis put a hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch slightly in pain which only worried him more.

"I thought you said you didn't hurt him." The white haired male glared at Sebastian.

Sebastian raised an eyebrow at him but still didn't reply. Travis stood up, clenching his fist, only to sit back down when that bastard spoke again...

"Don't even try it, remember last time you disobeyed me...There will be another session to train Project Nine, he's to fragile so I've decided to show him what it's like to face a whole group..." He paused slightly, heading towards the door, "Tra-... P-1 teach him the rules of being in room 25..."

With that he left out the door and I turned to Travis, "Why'd he almost call you by your real name?"

He shrugged, running a hand through his hair as he walked over to me and sat down.

"When we're in room 25, there are rules and if we don't follow them you will be punished, understand?" I nodded, gesturing him to continue.

"Rule number one, do as told which I'm sure you heard before. Rule number two, that room is for only fighting. Do not talk, just fight when allowed to. Rule number 3, don't ever go near the glass..."

My mind processed all the new information until something popped up my curiosity.

"Sebastian explained to me about my purpose and yours as well but I never saw your scars, did he not 'mark' you?" I asked him, my voice lower than it should of been.

Travis let out a sigh, pulling his shirt up revealing the scars that read 'Project Magic'.

A blinking light caught my eye, turning towards it I saw a hatch open. Travis already made his way over to it while I stared in fear.

"It's okay...I'm here." He held out his hand and I hesitated before interlacing our fingers and following behind him.

It took a while to get to our destination. When we finally made it, I looked around cautiously but relaxed when I saw unfamiliar faces in the big room with us.