[Continuing] Chapter Six ~Who Is He Really?~

Zane's P.O.V

The lights were off, there was barely any sound in the cold void like room. My eyes were shut as I listened to the soft sobbing that woke me up and I yet to do anything of comfort. I wasn't sure what to do as I kept my eyes shut, silently telling myself to say something. Do something.

Do anything, to show the half demon that he wasn't alone. The weird feeling in my stomach appeared just like when Travis would hold my hand and tell his cheesy jokes but right now it was different. Fear washed over me, a fear that never devoured me before. I felt as if I tried to reach out for Travis and I was forced back no matter how much I pushed, I stayed still. Wanting to scream his name, let him know I'm trying and that I care. Then when I got so close to grabbing his hand gently I would force myself to stop.

That's what I felt right now. That was the fear that I wished I never would feel.

I clenched my fist and opened my eyes, "Travis..."

My voice was quiet and soft as I sat up from my spot. His green eyes flashed towards me in a instinct, shaking his head slightly and quickly muttered an apology.

Travis was confusing, at least to me. He'd do that to anyone once you learned everything about his personality and nothing about his past which wasn't because I didn't pay attention to him, I've always gave him my full attention. I'll admit, maybe I've grown attached to him. If it was a bad thing then, I'd take back ever caring for him but now I didn't care. Not specifically him, I just didn't care if I did care for him.

I gave him a sad smile once I was a few feet from him. "Come here, idiot..."

---

Travis grabbed Zane's offered hand and wiped a few tears from his face. He avoided eye contact with the slightly shorter male in front of him. Travis didn't want to tell Zane why he was crying, why the tears couldn't be held captive anymore and managed to escape from his eyes.

Travis knew that if he told Zane what was wrong their bond would shatter, disappear like it never existed. He knew Zane would look at him as a liar and a torturer, his blue eye would only hold a shattered heart everytime he laid or even acknowledge Travis's existence.

He so desperately didn't want to lose someone as unique as Zane. He heard from his father that the Ro'meaves were very intelligent and strong by themselves but stronger together which resulted them from being together in the same cell.

The smaller male squeezed the others tightly as if he can squeeze an explanation by a simple tight but gentle gesture.

Travis shut his eyes, "Zane, I don't want to talk about what's bothering me."

Zane smiled and startled Travis by pulling him in a hug. He buried his face in Zane's pale neck, clenching the fabric of his clothing and pulling them closer together.

"Then don't. Just cry and know I'm right here. Cry everything out, I promise we'll find a way out of this place."

Tears fell onto the others shoulder. Travis didn't want to cry but he knew that what Zane said was a possibility and there was still hope for each and everyone of them.

But this is reality...

Travis thought,

We can't escape, even if we all worked together...

All because my father is what's keeping us here...