1 | Adventurous Tea

.
-Your POV-

I'm so happy I'm practically skipping to Arthur's house. Today, he invited me over for some tea. We've been friends since forever and he's always a gentleman. Today's my lucky day I get to hang out with him.

"Iggy!" I called outside of his door.

"Hello, love. Please don't call me that." Arthur grumbled as he let me inside his Victorian home.

"Well, it's been a while since we've had time for ourselves! We had work to do so we just grew apart." I emphasized.

"That's true. I've made tea just for you."

I poked his nose. "Silly, you always make the best tea so it isn't that new."

"But this one is different."

"I can't wait then." I sat on a random sofa and there was a book near an empty cup.

Curiosity, I picked the book up and read the title. "Pirates of the Dawn."

It looked interesting but before I opened it Arthur came back with two cups of tea.

"Love? What are you doing?" He placed the teacup next to me.

I held up the book. "This book sounds interesting. I knew you were fanatic for fantasy and Shakespeare."

Arthur covered his face with a hand. "I was thinking about reading that to you."

"Aww! You're so sweet!" I cooed, handing the book to him.

He coughed and flipped it open without taking a sip of his 'precious tea'.

"Why aren't we drinking the tea?"

Arthur looked up at me and smirked. Which was odd of him. "I have a plan for today so please drink the tea until I say so."

I just nodded, curious on what he had in store for me today. 'Won't the tea get cold?' I thought to myself.

"Pirates of the Dawn, a story about an infamous pirate of the 16th century England who worked for the Queen as her privateer." Arthurs soothing voice immediately drew me into the story.

"He had sandy blonde hair, emerald jeweled eyes, and a devil-some smile that traveled the world with his loyal crew and heaps of treasure. Yet he was the fourth prince of the country but his desire to be free led him to be a pirate. Thirst for adventure drew his morals. Until he met a fair lady that changed his life... forever."

I sighed dreamingly but wondered off. 'Arthur sounds just like the pirate in the book. Maybe it's someone related to him if only he had the eyebrows.'

Arthur snapped the book shut with a snap and smiled sweetly at me. Making me flush a light pink. "Now, you may drink the tea, love."

Hesitantly but willingly I picked up the luke-warm tea and hastily took a gulp. It tasted off, no flavor, just a feeling. Like how you would feel at the beach or ocean. Arthur watched me the whole time while sipping his own cup.

"Do you like it, love?" I nodded.

"It's soothing but it makes me feel... adventurous. Maybe it's because of that story." I grinned then held my head as if a wave of pain hit me.

"You don't seem well, how about you take a rest." He got up and settled me down.

"I'll wake you up in a bit." Without a care, I closed my eyes.

"On my ship."