10 || Sword

🇬🇧-Arthur's POV-🇬🇧

'Why does she look familiar?' I thought to myself.

'She's a witch and supposed to lead to Excalibur.'

My heavy armor clinks on the stone floor down the dungeon. Then I hear beautiful singing.

"Do you believe in dreams?"

'Who is she talking to?'

It turns out she was singing to herself while twirling around.

"A castle in the sky or the deep blue sea where you make wishes come true."She stops and spreads her arms wide like she wants a hug.

"Wishes and desires are real dreams. From the bottom of your heart." Then she jumped on the old bed and looked out the caged window.

"You have a rather nice voice... For a witch." I seethed out of my teeth.

She turned around with a surprised expression. "Who are you?"

"You mean you have never heard of your King?" I taunt.

"No, all I see is an arrogant blonde."

I glared as my anger rises. "I could execute right here, right now."

"I'll probably die anyway in a few years or else I'll disappear." She had a smug look.

"We'll set out for our journey." I walk away as guards put on restraints on her.

"What am I supposed to do again?"

I turned dramatically. "To lead me to the sword."

~~~~~~~~

"This is way prettier than where I'm from!" The witch awed.

"What's your name?"

"(Y/N), why?"

'She can't be that (Y/N). I haven't seen her in centuries.' I continue to observe her.

She bent down and picked up a daisy. "I've met a little boy in the woods. He looks like you, your highness. I showed him this trick with flowers."

She picks the flower petals off one by one. "He loves me not. That's too bad."

She chuckles sadly at the end.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes?" She turned to me as I walk closer to her.

"You're here! The one I met in the woods. Why are you here? Wouldn't you be... Dead?" I questioned. Sensing my guards are surprised.

"I visit you in the past and then return in the future. One day I'll die." She laughed but it was pained.

"Why are you a witch?"

She leaned in towards my ear. "Because the future you showed me. Did you know you were terrified to use magic since Queen Elizabeth wouldn't allow it?"

"Queen?"

"Nothing, just future stuff." She waved off and then clapped.