9 || King

This time zone takes place in Camelot. Where King Arthur Pendragon, the holder of Excalibur is.

-YOUR POV-

'Where am I?' I thought as I appeared in a grassy meadow.

There is only a house nearby so you decided to go there. It was an old cottage.

Knock knock

"Hello? May I acquire some shelter?" I spoke in a formal gone because it's the past.

The door opened to reveal a beautiful brunette with lively golden eyes that hid under bangs. "Yes?"

'Woah! Those eyes.' I thought.

"I'm (Y/N), may I please rest here?" It's not a total lie but it's better than staying out for too long.

She hesitated but let me in. "M-My name is Zelta."

I smiled. "That's a beautiful name. Never heard of it before. Must be rare."

"Well, yeah." She twiddled her thumbs.

"Why are you nervous? For one, I should be nervous." I questioned.

"Can you keep a secret?"

"I love secrets. If it's small then it's not worth keeping."

She sighed but whispered in my ear. I gasped.

"That's terrible but cool. Can you do magic?"

Zelta shrugged and moved her bangs so I can see her golden eyes clearly. "They say my eyes harbor power. That's why I'm targetted."

((now this is like Merlin wtf))

"Some say that golden eyes are called God's Apple. They can see what normal people can't."

"When I was little. There were these floating orbs."

"Spirits." I plainly said because Arthur talks about them so much.

"You know?"

"Someone told me." I leaned back.

"Who?"

"Arthur, a different Arthur."

Zelta visibly showed relief. "Thank god."

"Why are you afraid of an Arthur?"

"You don't know the king?"

"Who?"

"King Arthur of Camelot. He is destined to obtain the holy sword Excalibur!" Zelta gasped and slapped her mouth shut.

'Ohh, this legend.' I thought.

"So you're targetted for being a witch and Arthur's purpose is to claim the sword of Excalibur?"

She nodded. "But a magic user needs to show him the way."

'Great, what's the point of having me here when she's the one that leads Arthur?' I groaned.

Then an idea pops into my head. Arthur taught me a little magic. I never thought it will work but it's worth a shot.

" Formam mutare meis. Sinu meo velim et facial!" I felt power go in my eyes. I turned to Zelta and opened my eyes.

"Is it golden?"

"Yes... Oh! Not anymore."

I focused power on my hands.

"Now it's back!"

I sighed. Feeling less depleted. "I guess it turns golden when I use magic."

"Where did you learn that?"

"The Arthur I know taught me."

"Is he a witch?"

"Maybe a sorcerer is the better term." I laughed. Imagining him in ridiculously large drape and big pointy hat.

 Imagining him in ridiculously large drape and big pointy hat

((close enough))

((close enough))

Outside I hear tons of marching footsteps. Zelta started panicking.

"Quickly! Give me clothes that look like a witch!" I ordered Zelta to get me clothes.

She gave me a black cape with a hood. "This is the closest."

"Close enough." I draped it over myself just as the cottage door burst open.

"Freeze! In the name of the King!" A soldier shouted. I gasped but Zelta shrieked.

"The witch!" The soldier pinned me down. Zelta trembles and backs away.

'Worthless witch...' I growled to myself.

"What do we have here?" I hear a familiar arrogant voice and clanking metal.

I looked up. It's Arthur in silver and gold armor.

"This is the witch that will show me the way?" He grabbed my face roughly.

"She doesn't have golden eyes."

At that moment I made my eyes turn holden for a second. His eyes widened.

I got pissed at his attitude and bit his hand. "It's not nice to assume things, your highness."

"Tsk." He kicked my face.

'My ugly and fabulous face!' I thought angrily to myself.

"Take her with us. Leave that girl." The knight picked me up like a sack of potatoes so I'm facing Zelta.

I mouthed 'don't worry.'

~~~~~~~~

They locked me in a flippin' dungeon! It's cool but not cool. The bed creaks. No bathroom, just a bucket. It's cold. At least I have my cape.

But I kinda expected it to be smaller but it's rather a big cell. I started twirling around like a ballerina. Surprised because I suck at dancing.

"Do you believe in dreams?" I sang.

"A castle in the sky or the deep blue sea where you make wishes come true." I stopped and spread my arms wide.

"Wishes and desires are real dreams. From the bottom of your heart." I jumped up the bed and looked at the bard window.

"You have a rather nice voice... For a witch."