12 || Other Color

"Who's Oliver?" You asked with a confused but blank expression.

Arthur flinched and kept silent. The air grew heavier but lightened a bit after he signed.

"He's... In a sense, my other half. We countries have an opposite personality but we don't usually get along."

You nodded. "Oliver seems nice."

Arthur huffed and got up to put away the tea. "He's not what you seem."

"I suggest you stay away from him. I don't want you to get hurt." He glanced at you while you grinned.

"Like how you came to save me from that person in the alleyway but Alfred took him down?"

"Sure."

You laughed and just looked through his books about Shakespeare.

"To be or not to be? That is the question." You said in your most melodic voice you can muster.

"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles, and by opposing end them: to die, to sleep." Arthur came in gracefully. Reciting the next few lines.

"No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
the heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks that Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep." You read.

After a while of taking turns on reciting Shakespeare, Arthur said the last line. "Be all my sins remember'd."

"Sure, may your sins be remembered." You sassed with a smirk.

"Don't start with me. I remember that one time-" He smirked too.

"That is not a sin and don't ever talk about that." You yelled.

"Fine."

You sighed and slumped on his couch. Arthur sat a little far from you yet it's still on the same furniture.

"You look like you want to say something." You glanced at him.

"I could say the same with you." His eyes sparkled with mischievousness.

"Tell me about the Oliver and the others."

"Well, we dubbed them the 2Ps. So, everyone, you've met that is a country has a 2P. 2Ps are the opposite personality."

You nodded, signaling him to continue.

"If you take that burger lover. He's carefree and energetic. His 2P is similar yet different. Careless but violent. Plus he swears a lot."

"He sounds like a cool guy." You said.

Arthur scrunched his eyebrows.

"The frog is flirtatious and talks about love and beauty. While his 2P is more stoic and smokes a lot."

"Well, France does like to drink so I guess it's expected."

After a while of talking about the others 2Ps you get an idea. "Can I see Oliver?"

"No." He replied seriously.

"Why? Give me one good reason."

"Because he could kidnap you and other bad things." Arthur huffed.

You squint your eyes in annoyance. "Not good enough."

You go into the kitchen to find his tea.

"Where are you going?"

"To find tea."

"It's in the shelves on the top."

'That's easy.' You thought to yourself.

But when you opened a cupboard open. It was just regular tea from tea to black tea. All kinds of flavors.

Then your nose picks up a sent of vanilla cupcakes. You follow it into the pantry. Where a leftover cupcake sat.

"This is sketchy." You said but bit into it anyway.

You suddenly got very dizzy and pass out.

~~~~~~~

"Poppet!" You heard.

"Hm?" You groaned and opened your eyes to see a familiar freckled face.

"Oliver!?" You gasped and hugged him tight because he's cute.

"Wah!" He yelped and held onto you.

"I'm glad I can see you again." You loosened your grip.

"What's going on?" Someone walked in seeing you holding onto Oliver's neck.

"OOOOOOO HES GETTIN SOME!" The 2P yelled and ran away.

"Allen Jones!" Oliver yelled and got out of your grasp to go after him.

You dusted yourself off and went out. But bumped into someone.

"What the frick frack diddle dack patty wack snick snack crack pack slack mack quarterback crackerjack biofeedback backtrack thumbtack sidetrack tic-tac did I just bump into?" You were surprised you memorized the whole thing.

"What?" You looked up to see the 2P of Canada.

"Matthieu?"

"It's Matt. Who're you?"

"My name is (Y/N)."

"Nice to meet you, Maple Leaf."

"But my name is (Y/N)."

He just grunted and walked away. You followed him to see Oliver yelling at the 2P you just encountered.

"Oh, poppet. This is Al." Oliver stopped yelling.

"America's other half, I presume." You held out your hand too shake.

"Yes, nice to meet you doll face."Al smirked and shook your hand.

"My name is (Y/N), not dollface." You sassed which he chuckled.

"A little fire. Fine, (Y/N)." You nodded and met eye contact with dark violet eyes.

"Francois?"

"Oui." He took a whiff of his cigarette.

"I'm (Y/N)."

He hummed and turned around to fall asleep.

"This is better than what I imagined?"

"Why is that, dear?" Oliver smiled while giving out cupcakes as the others deny the offer.

"Arthur says the 2Ps are violent and bad people."

"Too bad, so sad. We have self-control at least." Allen slouched on a couch.

"We just don't like most people," Matt said.

"Is there a way I can go back?" You asked because Arthur would be worried.

"Why would you want to leave?" Oliver smiled but it wasn't right.